1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Skips in playing movie Help !!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by djt7728, Feb 21, 2007.

1. djt7728

djt7728 Guest

Hi,
    I'm using 1click DVD with anyDVD to back up movies. The movie is skipping to the next sceen during play. When the burn is complete 1click is telling me it was successful. The skipping is happening more and more. I'm using sony DVD+R's as a blank disc and playing them in a sony dvd player. Can anyone help me with a solution that will end the skipping in the movies. Please note I am a beginner to this not all that computer savey
    Thanks
    D

2. FFsp42

FFsp42 Regular member

Since you're using AnyDVD, try some other freebies software that work pretty good with it. DVD Shrink 3.2 seems to do great with AnyDVD running in the background. Unfortunately, I have not worked with 1click before.
    You can find DVD Shrink under the download section of this site. If that still doesn't work, try defrag your hdd and clean it with ccleaner. http://www.ccleaner.com.
    Does this skipping happen on your standalone player and computer? Also, at what speed are you burning at?

3. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

djt7728,

I hate to say it, but I will you are just another person who is not having success with 1click DVD. Some people have success with that proggie (or so they say), but most will tell you it is garbage!

Try using RipIt4Me as this seems to be the most widely used method right now at backing up DVDs (and the most succesfull)

Check out the link in my signature there you will find an easy to follow guide on installing RipIt4Me and another guide that will take you through a step by step process on how to complete your backup.

Cheers :)

Last edited: Feb 22, 2007
  4. djt7728

djt7728 Guest

It's happening happening on my stand alone and in my surrond sound system. Most times in my computer it doesnt reconize that there is a movie in there. I reduced it to 8x from reading some threads but I was burning at the max. If I reduce speed will it help ?

5. FFsp42

FFsp42 Regular member

It might. Rule of thumb is to burn at half the speed the discs are rated at. In other words, if you are using 16x discs, do not burn faster than 8x.

6. djt7728

djt7728 Guest

I know there are some free programs that are out there. What you suggest trying? I'm fed up with 1 click DVD and am looking for a new program. I want something easy to use and most importanlty will work.

7. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

They have been suggested to you already, are you not reading all the replies?

RipIt4Me is your best option IMO as far as any proggie goes right now (to include the ones you pay for) and it is totally free!

8. FFsp42

FFsp42 Regular member

I agree with bbmayo...RipIt4Me is by far the best software available in dealing with the newer encryptions of movies. Best of all, it's free. You can find it here: http://www.ripit4me.org. Downloading the installer and following bbmayo's guide, you should have zero problems.

9. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

I would also suggest u using RIPit4ME, as it has a one-click mode

Just use the guide in BBMAYO's links

Or u can use this 100% free way too but this way u have to push more buttons than RIPit4ME, although its always good to have more than 1 option as far as backing up DVDs.

Heres the GUIDE =DVDFab+VobBlanker+dvdShrink+ImgBurn

10. djt7728

djt7728 Guest

I'm pretty new with this. I am using AnyDVD will that work with Rip it Or do I need any additional software ?

11. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

djt7728,

I made it pretty easy for you in my first reply to this thread, but let me make it easier.

1. Go here >> LINK

2. Then use the very first guide there Installing RipIt4Me
    3. Then follow the second guide using RipIt4Me

Everything you need is provided in those two guides. No AnyDVD required infact you shouldn't use AnyDVD at all when using RipIt4Me so make sure it is off.