1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

skips, pixalates, studders and quickly collecting coasters

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by 04ndubs, Aug 12, 2004.

1. 04ndubs

04ndubs Member

I am really beginning to comtemplate banging my head against the desk. I created a movie using roxio 6. It is essentially a slide show of europe pix, nearly 500 or them, which were taken with a digital camera. I have recorded audio to go along with the entire duration of the dvd. My first attempt at burning was on sony dvd-r media. The process I used to burn was directly through roxio. After the burn was completed, I played the disk on my computer and it played just fine. I then put it into my stand alone jvc (not even a year old, supports dvd-r) and the disk skipped, studdered, pixalated, etc. Parts would play ok, then it would act up again. These occurance was the worst at the intervals were I had inserted some frames of text that i created in paint (I know, it's paint, what do I expect, but it was quick and easy). After reading around on here, I thought that maybe my media was the problem, so today I bought some verbatim, and guess what, same problems occurred again. The computer I performed all these tasks on is a new gateway, with a multi burner (I don't remember now off hand what brand the burner is, I'm posting this from a different computer, but I'll check on that in the morning). Can someone please point me in the right direction w/o having to start all over? Thanks in advance.

2. The_OGS

The_OGS Active member

Only thing I can think of is to burn slow.
    The faster burns contain errors, which the error-correction is normally (supposed to be) able to deal with.
    But playing on different machine than recording machine will exacerbate the problem...
    There you go.
    Sorry not much help I guess, let us know what happens.
    Regards

3. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Hi,

If you can give us the make/model burner and firmware version we may be able assist you further :)