1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sky+box locked

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by kcc76, Aug 18, 2005.

1. kcc76

kcc76 Regular member

i have the original sky+ box ive recently cancelled my subscription with sky but they have locked my box so i cant watch the programs i have recorded is there any way of unlocking it so i can get acsess to whats on the harddrive any help please...

2. Hoggie

Hoggie Member

I can't believe that they get away with that. The box does belong to you & you've payed for the subscription of the programs on it. Maybe it's just that your have an invalid card & the Sky+ box won't let you view them without it? Borrow a card from someone & burn them to DVD maybe. Sadly Sky+ has no ethernet port or any real way of accessing what's on the HD. Good luck

3. ozzy214

ozzy214 Regular member

Unless its a real hard drive and you pull it out and stick it in your puter..lol.:>

4. Hoggie

Hoggie Member

I believe maxtor IDE Hard Drives are used in Sky+ boxes, but as for installing the HD unformatted into your HD, don't! It'll be a completely different file allocation system & the chances are that even if you could retrieve the files, you'd be unable to play them as they'd be some obscure Sky+ format. I know Tivo has it's players & converters but I've never heard of any for Sky+

5. kcc76

kcc76 Regular member

thanks for the help guys sorry its a late reply ive been away.