1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sky broadband

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by SONY007, Apr 4, 2007.

1. SONY007

SONY007 Member

Since i've had sky BB installed this is by far the worst period of my BB experiece I have ever encounted. In saying that if it's something I can sort out at my end then I take that all back but boy have I tried with TIER 3 or what. I'm talking like 10min to load pages or not load at all in many cases. What have to do every 10 to 15 min is stick the pen tip in the hole at the back of the sky router to reset, wait 4 min andthe all is ok for 10min in some cases sometimes i'm lucky and it will work for 40min without much of a drastic problem, it's there mind but not drastic. Im running IE 7 and I uninstalled this to go back to IE 6 to see if that would prevent the major hanging. Well with IE 6 install I was unable to view my favorites or browse the net properly so I had to reinstall IE 7 again. I've given up now with calling sky BB as I got the shakes with the thought of talking to someone who would just want to take my details for someone to get back to me. At the moment i'm on my m8s 4megs telewest typing this and I feel like i've just come of dial-up with how quick i'm browsing the net and this forum. So any help would be well appreciated.

2. Goodbhoy

Goodbhoy Member

I have had exactly the same problems as yourself.
    I too got fed up ringing SKy as each call took over an hour and was passed through various 'tiers' of help.

I now finally have the answer.

1. Open internet explorer.
    2. In the adress bar type 192.168.0.1 (This accesses the router)
    3. Type in the username as 'admin'
    4. Type in the password as 'sky'
    5. On the left side, you will see a heading titled 'UPnP'. Click on this.
    6.Uncheck the box titled 'turn UPnP on'.
    7. Click the 'apply' button.
    8. Problem solved.

I have been driven mad by this issue for the last 6 months and have been desperately trying to get out of my sky contract because of it.
    After all, I cannot get the free SKY broadband service due to my location and must pay £17.99 for the crap service that I was getting.

Hope this helps. It certainly worked for me.