1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sky hd sound to dvd player

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by mazza40, Mar 6, 2007.

1. mazza40

mazza40 Member

I have recently entered the wonderful world of sky tv for the first time and as I was due to buy a new tv I thought I'd go the whole way and go for a HD TV and sky's HD package.

I have a JVC THA75R home cinema system that's over 3 years old.

My question is in two parts. Firstly do sky broadcast in 5.1 surround sound and if so how do I filter the sound through to the dvd player.

Thanks

Michael

2. JVC

JVC Active member

I'm not familiar with Sky, but if they offer an HD programming service, I'd say they do have 5.1, since most HD programs are in 5.1 surround. Your HD box should have a digital coax or optical audio output, to go to your A/V receiver (JVC). You may also need to go into the HD box's setup menus, and turn on digital output for audio.

Why do you want to go from HD box to your dvd player?
    Is your dvd player and A/V receiver, all one piece? If so, see above. If not, there's no need to go to dvd player.
    If the JVC doesn't have an input for the HD box to plug into, there's nothing you can do, except get an A/V receiver, that has enough inputs.
    Good luck!