1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sky sports 1 disappeared

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by abbey786, Apr 13, 2007.

1. abbey786

abbey786 Member

two days ago my sky sports 1 disappeared. i have tried rescanning and also to ftp the backup of my service files. i have also reflashed different images and rescanned bt still skysports 1 does not come up.

i can see all other channels, is there any solutions to this.

2. Fekker

Fekker Regular member

Make sure you don't havew a file called MYSERVICES.XML in the zappit folder, if there is then delete it & reboot or reload channels.

3. bal247

bal247 Member

my skysports dissapeared too - but has now reappeared as SkyMovies 5. My cable provider is virginmedia. I've also lost SkyMovies9 which is now Playboy!

4. abbey786

abbey786 Member

i definitely dont have the MYSERVICES.XML file. i changed my dbox and put in a sagem still the same problem.

5. zappp64

zappp64 Regular member

happened to me last night, did a full scan - had to set up my boquert again and voila all working now.

looks like Virgin are changing the channel set up

6. abbey786

abbey786 Member

thanks for the help guys.

its finally come back.

the skysports 1 does not go to the sports folder

7. peebee05

peebee05 Member

Same problem here sky sports 1 unavailable did you do a create new bouquet when you rescanned

8. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

If the channel is landing in the others bouquet after a scan you have to move it by yourself to your bouquet.
    What do you think the bouquet editor is good for?

9. peebee05

peebee05 Member

at the moment sky sports one isn't landing anywhere it come up as error channel unavailable others have had the same problem and been able to get it back I am tryng to clarify how they went about it.

10. roxyman

roxyman Member

I had the same problem with Sky Sports 1.After re-scanning I now find that to access the movie channels you must enter your pin no..Anyone know how to do this on the Dbox?

Last edited: Apr 16, 2007
  11. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

Virgin moved Sky sports from one frequency to a other and you have to do a scan.

12. abbey786

abbey786 Member

first do a scan

then press dbox

then services

then bouquet editor

then go into the folder where yo want sky sports 1 to go

then press green button to add channels

go down the list (using volume or up and down arrow buttons) and press ok on sky sports 1

then press home three times and save the changes

13. molywoo3

molywoo3 Member

my sky sports one went down also. i am going to rescan.am i better turning fast scan off and trying manual or what is the best way, please.

14. peebee05

peebee05 Member

not sure but my problem seems to be that after a scan the channel list isn't being overwritten in the sevices.xml each time I scan and save settings then reboot I come back to the same bouquets although sky sports ! is showing it has no epg loaded and displays error channel unavailable when I tune to it. As well as that when I first got my dbox it would always start up on the last channel I was tuned to now it always starts up on UK Drama as if it has set to a default start up channel

15. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

Backup your bouquets.xml and services.xml and select update in the bouquet line at the scan menue.

16. peebee05

peebee05 Member

I've done that already I've also tried all the other scan options The problem is my bouquets are not being updated they are read write too but they will not update

17. sash1

sash1 Member

I don't think this is a problem with your boxes, having same trouble with starview box. seems like virgin have managed to do something

18. abbey786

abbey786 Member

go in to the bouquet editor editor and try to add it, sometimes it is in a different folder.

sometimes you dont even need to scan because it comes up on the blank or test channels.

19. matt1734

matt1734 Member

I have the same problem using sportster 1.7 lost sky sports 1 and 3 all other channels are fine!

Deleted services.xml and it all worked including all sky sports!

24 hours later sky sports 1 and 3 start frezing again , rescanned lost them again but all other channels are fine.

Could re flash the box but can someone tell me where to get the latest sportster image.

Although im convinced this is not the problem as it has worked fine upto now and i get every other channel fine ?

any idea ?

20. sash1

sash1 Member

Yes I have got an Idea, After pulling my hair out for some time and updating and rescanning and finally distroying my box I gave up, but then because there was a match on I really wanted to watch I borowed a dbox from a friend at work, His box worked fine for him, but low and behold, fixed it up in my house and really struggled with sky 1 and 3. and so it seems that there was nothing wrong with my old box in the first place, it had to do with the signal I was recieving being either too strong or too week from my supplier. you can get boosters or reducers. my suggestion in to look in to this and see if it cures your problem before you wreck your box like I did. good luck