1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky+ to HDDVD Recorder???

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by kinikiy2k, Sep 16, 2005.

1. kinikiy2k

kinikiy2k Member

I am thinking about getting Sky+ however I would like to know whether it will be possible to record the programmes I have saved onto the Sky+ box onto DVD?

Will my HDDVD be able to see the programmes or does Sky have some way of scrambling it so it doesn't work?

Cheers

2. callum91

callum91 Guest

Hi, i would like to know the answer to this question too, it must be somehow possible to connect the sky+ box to a pc! Thanks...

3. Hoggie

Hoggie Member

I have my DVD-R connected to my Sky Plus box. I have managed to record programs onto DVD from my Sky+ HD. I'm unsure about PayPerView movies - I have a feeling these would have some sort of scrambling. As for connecting Sky or Sky+ to your PC, for that you'd need for sort of TV Input card.

I'd avoid the older Sky+ boxes... they have had problems & the brand spanking new one has a 160GB HD ;D

4. callum91

callum91 Guest

Hi, i don't want to view the sky on my pc tho, i'd wish to just connect it so i can access the harddrive and drag the recorded programs onto my pc so i can write them to a blank dvd. Also, do you know what format there recorded in?

Thanks...

5. Hoggie

Hoggie Member

That wouldn't be possible, It is an actual IDE HD in the Sky+ box but it would have it's own file allocation system & your PC wouldn't be unable to access this.
    The files on the HD will be Sky+'s own format & the chances of their being any players/converters for these is pretty much no existant.
    If you want it on your PC, the best bet is to use a Stand Alone DVD-Recorder & then back up the DVD to your PC. Or use a TV input card.

Hope this helps

6. callum91

callum91 Guest

Hi again, thanks for the reply.
    I don't currently own a DVD Recorder Player thingy... Looking into getting one at the moment though...
    I may just get one and record normal sky, might be easier.. Thanks for the reply again, ill keep checkin back at this thread......

7. sheppy124

sheppy124 Regular member

Another way, is if you have windows media centre installed, you connect sky + to that with svhs lead with your tv caputre card, though it would be cheaper getting dvd recorder.