1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Skybox F5S set up query

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by flybee, Sep 11, 2014.

1. flybee

flybee Member

I'm after some help please folks as I've taken incompetence to a new level.

Seeing lots of obsolete HD channels on my Skybox was starting to bug me so I decided to download the latest channel list from AJ's - something I've done in the past without any problem.

Now, somewhere through the process I made a complete @rse of it and managed to brick the box so it only showed 'LOAD' on the display and wouldn't boot. After spending hours trying to download and flash various files without any success I managed to get a one to load. As I'd only intended to update the channel list (I know, I know) I didn't do a back up - my fault totally, so my sea lion has gone. As this was supplied by a Fleabay person who is no longer a member of said site I have no way of getting the info back but that's by the by and my problem.

When I try to do a sat scan it only gives me one option - Eutelsat Turkey and I'm here in Tyneside. What do I need to do to make it default to Sly?

Many thanks,

Fb

2. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

move to turkey

omendata likes this.
  3. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

you should have left left well alone and to keep ahead of the game and visited sites like this you would have known the hd channels have vanished off everyones box, all 3rd party boxes do not hd due to sky implementing an encryption change. cant help you on this as i dont have an f5/s, only answer i can give you is what is above..... PS dont press buttons and flash if you dont know what it is your flashing

4. bee9791

bee9791 Member

flybee press menu on your remote then go to installation. Go down to the second option here sattelite list - go in here and pick astra 28.2 as your satellite. Go back out to previous menu then and down to fourth option satellite search - go in here and head down to search. Should take about 10 to 15 mins to scan all channels. Thats it basically. This video on youtube may help you.

Then you must deal with cline etc but im not sure whether im allowed to talk about this or not. Its all on the net anyway, just google it.

5. flybee

flybee Member

Thanks for this bee9791 I'll give it a go - most helpful

tongs - appreciate the lecture.

tongs007 likes this.
  6. flybee

flybee Member

bee9791,

Back up and running - thank you. All I need to do is set the FAV's and I'm sorted!

Kind regards,

Fb

7. bee9791

bee9791 Member

Welcome matey!

8. bee9791

bee9791 Member

pm me if you need anymore help with anything.