1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SKYBOX M3 OFFLINE

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by sekondi, Jan 11, 2014.

1. sekondi

sekondi Member

Hi guys i have skybox m3 it will not connect neither will youtube connect as well. c line is fine other boxes connects without any problem. I have flashed it but still the same . any ideas?

2. piopat

piopat Active member

go to network settings and ensure your box has an ip address and that dhcp is enabled , it may also be worth trying another ethernet cable aswell (as a test )in case the current cable has become damaged in some way .

3. sekondi

sekondi Member

Have done all that still not working.Any other box connected works fine

4. piopat

piopat Active member

so you are using a wired connection (Ethernet cable )not wireless ? as i know people had problems wifi wise with those boxes . some times the router doesn't see the box , try this as a test , disconnect the Ethernet cable from both the box and router and power off the box and the router , then reconnect the Ethernet cable to both box and router and ensure its connected correctly , it should sort of click when it connects .

then power on the box and let it boot/start up , now power on the router and let it boot up , there should be a light on the router to indicate that a device (your box )is connected to it via Ethernet cable . if you see a light on the router that means the router sees the box , now try a pay channel and see if it opens . this is just covering all bases , you probably did this but if not its worth trying .

if that doesn't work check the network settings again and see what encryption method is set , it should have options WPA /WPA2 /WEP , if your box is set to WPA change it to WPA2 and see if it makes any difference, but most of the newer routers operate on WEP these days so if your router is in any way new id recommend you set your box to WEP . as I say if there is an Ethernet light lighting up on the router that means the router sees the box , so if the box is still not connecting to the net there is a network issue there some where , and it would seem it can only be with the box . if none of the box network settings do nay good the last resort is to reflash with a recent firmware , but ensure to save a copy of your c line before you flash .

5. manchesterguy

manchesterguy Newbie

Maybe restart your router, that may fix it.