1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

skystar help please mods !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by damo_red, Jul 8, 2005.

1. damo_red

damo_red Member

hi

i have recently been reading up on the net baout a card called skystar, i have done some seearches in the forums on here as well and also learnt some suff.

my queation is has any one had any experience with this before, or could they give me there opinon on the card. or there knowledge of what i need to set this up.

also what other things except the card would i need, ive read somewhere i will need a satalite, is this true. according to some sites i have read you plug the card into the back of the machiene aim the satlaite into the sky and you pick up the channels,

can any one please advise me one what to do next, or if its even worth looking into, i dont want to be scammed LOL

i am especially wanting to tune into the movies and sports, if any one has some good links laso that would be great so i could see howmuch this is gonna cost me.

also does any one know the chnaces of me being tracked whilst using it, i ma planning on opening my own website nad streaming TV live over the internet etc, there are laods about not free though, but i only have basic cable with out the movie and sports channels

any help will be appreciated, im not too sure of anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (except i want to watch movies all day) lol FOR FREE !!!!!!!!!!

Another thing, i have a telewest cable digital box and i am subscribed to the supreame package, i have been looking on ebay and there are the cable filters which have been mentioned here many times before, i was wondering if any one nows if these things backfire, i have beeen cuatious in buying onne becasue of this.

2. taotone

taotone Guest

hi, the card you are talking about is a skystar2 or the alternative is a skystar1 which has a slot to put cam modules in for decrypting channels, you will need a satellite dish aimed at an appropriate satellite. i have been playing around with mine now for quite some time and its amazing what channels you can receive on different sats. got most of my original information and a realy good deal on the sksystar from www.canary-satshop.com might be worth looking them up and see if they can help.

3. damo_red

damo_red Member

thanks for your input, how much did it cost you all together for the setup.

also could you tell me what channels you pick up on it. thx damo

Last edited: Jul 20, 2005
  4. taotone

taotone Guest

hi, no problem, got mine on hotbird and there is loads of free stuff, but if you have a look for the right software you can open some encrypted channels. just been looking at their site looks like they have some special offers on cos they have the skystar1 for £60.00 and you can put a cam in that one.

5. damo_red

damo_red Member

have done much research, sorry for the delay my internet has been down for a while.

okay i know the hard ware i need thx for that, could you please post a link with the software you mentioned please if you have any thx damo