1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slave drive

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by Terrabyte, Dec 15, 2004.

1. Terrabyte

Terrabyte Member

I have 3 DVD Pioneer 8x burners. Two of them are seperate and one is a slave. Does anyone know how I can get the slave on its own channel. I want to do this cause when I burn 3 dvd's at once that drive falls behind and creats the odd coaster. I wanted to put it on a firewire but the part I need I am unable to get it shipped to Canada. Any suggestions would be great.
    I have plenty of power and ram do do the job just need to get it on its own channel.
    Thanks in advance

2. abeza

abeza Member

If you have an open PCI slot, purchase a EIDE
    controller card. Not that expensive less than $40
    (www.pricewatch.com).
    abeza

3. Terrabyte

Terrabyte Member

Unless this is a seperate issue i have a internal firwire connection already there I just need to be able to plug it into the back of the burner

Last edited: Dec 16, 2004
  4. abeza

abeza Member

Are you indicating that you have three dvd burners,
    all of them are internal drives, two of them are connected to your computer via the secondary ide controller, of the two one is jumpered as master the
    other is jumpered as slave and you are trying to connect the third to an internal firewall connection, through a firewire cable you don't have? I am assuming the third drive has a firewire port. I am
    trying to understand your hardware configuration.
    Can you be more specific about your hardware?
    abeza

5. Terrabyte

Terrabyte Member

I have 3 pioneer internal dvd 8x burners
    One is all by itself
    the other two one is a master and the other is a slave.
    I want to put the slave onto firewire so it is not a slave any more. My MB has internal firewire connection so I want to go from my burner to this.
    I tried a promise card but my computer would not boot. I have a promise card for my hard drive Array. Raid 5. And my tech figured the problem with the boot was it had trouble configuring the two promise cards.
    So I hope this makes sense.
    What I wanted to get is this. http://www.datoptic.com/fwint.html

but it is not available in Canada. And the companies that have it will not ship here. ? why I do not know.
    I ordered thishttp://www.lavalink.com/index.php?id=270 and I hope it will work.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2004