1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

slayer autoinstaller

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by z7rs, Nov 14, 2004.

1. z7rs

z7rs Guest

i downloaded slayers 2.6 unrar it, see slayers icon, click it and put in unlock number, and it installs into a designated folder.in the folder you have the cd labels of slayer, the worthless pdf file, and a 348 mb slayers evox auto installer v2.6. winrar archive. if you click it, it says archive is either unknown format or damaged..
    thanks for your help

2. FullySik

FullySik Guest

if it is a .iso win rar file that means thats for the xbox to read not the computer and make slayers an .iso using quix

i have quix 2.5 all i did was unrar it then make an iso of the folder using quix

3. JT_01

JT_01 Member

If you have that winrar file you don't need to do crap to it, just burn it as an image to a cd-rw or something like that to get EvoX up and running

4. FullySik

FullySik Guest

no it has to be an iso then burn it as an image or the xbox wont be able to read it use nero 6 to burn it as an image and quix to make an iso u should use
    cd-rw or dvd-rw

5. ph33rlus

ph33rlus Member

what you need to watch out for when downloading bittorrent files, is that it truly is 100% complete.

because of the nature of bittorrent it downloads whatever it can from whoever it can and not sequentially like say downloading off a webpage or ftp.

if 1k of info is missing in the middle you'll get a damaged rar.

from experience the best way to overcome damaged rar's is to download it again, or from a different source.

it is possible people are sharing a damaged file without realising it, because they havent opened it yet and ultimately deleted it.

6. sunny2200

sunny2200 Member

hi z7rs
    where did you get slayer 2.5?

7. FullySik

FullySik Guest

u can only get it from p2p programs like shareaza kazaa u can download a p2p program from this site

8. llongtheD

llongtheD Guest

open dvd decrypter, and burn it with that in ISO write mode-foolproof. Also DVD-R is more compatible most of the time with xbox dvdrom drives than cd-r is. Fully Sik is right, that 348MB image cannot be read by a pc because it is an xiso image. Thats why you get image corrupt when you double click on it.-Sunny2200 the best way to get a copy is to go to this site, read the tuts and download it from the official MIRC channel. http://slayer.xbox-scene.com/

9. ph33rlus

ph33rlus Member

it seems the problem isnt the xiso, but the rar file it resides in. possibly because it hasnt been downloaded properly.

but llongthed is right, if you download it from there you won't have a problem.

as an alternative, you can try www.xbins.org but either way it will be a pain to get hold of because it isn't exactly 'legitimate'

10. wogboyjoe

wogboyjoe Member

where can i get quix from?

11. ph33rlus

ph33rlus Member

www.xbins.org

12. llongtheD

llongtheD Guest

13. meggo

meggo Member

i burnt slayer to a dvd-r but when i put it in my xbox and click on launch a new item it shows alot of drives but there is no d drive and i cant fins slayer on any of the other drives. what should i do

14. ph33rlus

ph33rlus Member

if you burnt the slayer iso to a dvd. you turn the xbox off. then on with the disk in the drive.

if that doesnt work unplug the xbox leave it a few seconds then plug it back in and power it up - with the disc in the drive.

15. MIchad

MIchad Guest

I downloaded slayers from a link I got from the slayers irc channel, it is 158MB and is labeled with the right file name, but has a different hash # and it will not show any extensions or files(when you try to open/explore it).Does this mean it is already an iso and is ready to go?

16. whiteone

whiteone Guest

Dose anyone know if the evox auto-installer will work with the new spiderchip