1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

slayers help

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by shady78, Mar 2, 2005.

1. llongtheD

llongtheD Guest

The only thing I could suggest is going to this website http://www.teamxodus.com/ , the homepage for the makers of your chip and see if there is something your missing. If your drive recognizes other discs but not your bios disc, there is something still not right. Are you booting from the xenium OS? I know you probably are but I just thought I would ask. The original MS dash won't recognize any recordable media. You must put your disc in, power off, and boot with the modchip enabled. I am most familiar with smartxx and xecuter chips, but from what I have read, the xenium is not that different in respect to flashing the chip.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2005
  2. shady78

shady78 Regular member

ok for everyone trying to help me thank you i really apreciate it ok i put disc in power off then i power back on and xenium os appears then nothing happens other rhan the xenium menue so i choose launch then flash then i get a list of drives but d drive is not there so im assuming its not recognizeing the disc but like i said before i can burn a dvd movie to a dvd +r and -r and will read both but will not read the same disc when i put hacked bios on them weird

3. Bubba1982

Bubba1982 Regular member

Dude. Just a thought. I think in the slayers instructions they said you can ftp slayers to your Xbox. If not, No big deal.

It sounds like you may not be burning the disc properly. Make sure your not just creating a Data disk.
    The way I did it was to have a shortcut to Nero on my desktop and then just drag the Slayers ISO on to the shortcut icon. Nero should automaticly figure out how to burn the disc right.
    And forget about getting a hacked bios. I didn't need it.

4. shady78

shady78 Regular member

i figured it out i got the m8_16 bios on my xbox and i installed evox dash whoooo hoooo all i had to do was change my d drive with the one from my old xbox then it read the first disc i stuck in but now im having a problem i cant seem to ftp onto the xbox

heres my shit
    PC
    IP 192.168.0.1
    subnet mask 255.255.255.0
    gateway blank

xbox
    IP 192.168.0.2
    gateway blank

are these settings right oh yeah im using a crossover cable not a router

5. llongtheD

llongtheD Guest

Those settings should be fine, username and password on your ftp prog should be xbox. Make sure you aren't being blocked by a program like zone alarm, you can add your xbox to your trusted zones, in the settings of zone alarm if thats the case. Also programs like norton antivirus will block ftp connections that aren't configured in its settings. Also make sure you have ftp enabled in your evox dash settings, and the ip is static, then save and exit. Here is a link to networking to your box that is pretty thorough.
    http://www.chefelf.com/xbox/networking.php

6. Bubba1982

Bubba1982 Regular member

Below are the settings you should be using. It took me ages before I was able to find this out because it didn't tell me about this in ANY tutorial.

PC
    IP 192.168.0.1
    gateway 192.168.0.2

xbox
    IP 192.168.0.2
    gateway 192.168.0.1

7. llongtheD

llongtheD Guest

Your absolutely right bubba, those are THE only settings that will work, and you've got it all figured out.

8. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

"Below are the settings you should be using. It took me ages before I was able to find this out because it didn't tell me about this in ANY tutorial."

I believe I have the same thing in my tut :)

" Your absolutely right bubba, those are THE only settings that will work, and you've got it all figured out."

No it can be various i.p.'s, as long as you're on the same subnet and network it will work :)

9. llongtheD

llongtheD Guest

I was just being a little sarcastic with bubba quadratic, I guess he rubbed me the wrong way with his post. Your right though, I use completely different settings that work fine for me.

10. Bubba1982

Bubba1982 Regular member

Quadratic, sorry. I had not come across you tutorial until now. And I wasn't saying that those had to be the I.P. addresses i was just saying that the gateway for one had to be the address for the other.

llongtheD, It's good to see that it only takes a small post to make you get your knickers in a knot.
    Especially seeing as how the post did not concern you at all.

11. neney1

neney1 Member

Shady how did you do it I'm having the same problem can't get Slayers to boot in my X-box and I'm using the same DVDRs that I use for my X-box games so it can't be discs I have also used dvd decrypter and nero neither work

12. shady78

shady78 Regular member

i took my piece of crap thompson cd drive out and put a samsung one in and it fired up the first cd i tried

13. Rogue_77

Rogue_77 Member

Hey Shady,

How did you unlock the files? Do you still have the password?

14. shady78

shady78 Regular member

what files do you need to unlock

15. BR7

BR7 Regular member

If your talking about the password to unlock the slayers.rar, it should be on their website, if I'm not mistaken.

16. BR7

BR7 Regular member

Slayers is preset to 192.168.1.200 (check the settings menu, I could be wrong). Use that address or extract the contents of slayers with Qwix or Craxtion for example, then edit the evox.ini to an IP of your liking (make sure to make it static as well), save it, then rebuild the ISO with whatever program you extracted it with.

17. Rogue_77

Rogue_77 Member

I'm hoping someone can help me out with my mod. I have a 1.0v xbox with a Xenium ice chip installed. I was able to install the x4983 bios before I got my hands on Slayers. I was trying to install the dash using that, I was able to boot into the x4983 bios loading up the slayers. I installed all the apps and dash's to my F drive but when I rebooted into the x4983, the dash didn't load, just the MS dash. Can anyone help steer me in the right direction? I'm so close now I think. I can't FTP anything over as I'm still having some issues with connecting so that's not an option right now.

18. pinkdeath

pinkdeath Member

I dont know if this is a good place to post this but im extreamly hapy because i just saved 3 gigs of space (when copying halo2) on my xbox hd by removing all the single player maps because i mainly use it for multiplayer but if i wanna play single player i can put in the disk but in all halo2 now only takes up 1.5gbs so just tring to help out i dont know if it works on live yet tho but il try tomorrow morning

sorry if that didnt make sence im just rly hapy cuz i just soft modded my box yesterday and havnt put anything on it yet cuz i didnt have the room for halo2

19. bizzarlow

bizzarlow Guest

try using different cds