1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slight Problem with DVDXcopy Express

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by OHIOguy, Oct 16, 2003.

1. OHIOguy

OHIOguy Guest

Everything seems to work great with DVD X Copy Xpress, but when I playback the movie in my standalone DVD player it skips and/or freezes in spots. It doesn't happen alot or last that long, but its kinda a pain in the a**. Does anyone know how to fix that or what the problem might be. Thanks for any and all help.

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

3. OHIOguy

OHIOguy Guest

I'm using generic COMPusa brand DVD-R. I am guessing thats my problem and am going to try burning a backup on a Verbatim DVD+RW 2.4X. Let me know what you think. Thanks.

4. R_Regan

R_Regan Guest

OHIOguy

sounds like something is running in the background (messing with your resorces). Before you burn a DVD, try running "msconfig" which will not load up any of your startup programs until you reboot and enable them. (virus/firewall programs and any scheduled task on your computer)

OMG, Roxie and DVDXcopy are not friends, something about the drag to disk and the direct CD portion of it. This is listed on the 'blacklist" at techsupport@321studios.com, and it's number 2 on the list (must be pretty common). check it out

5. sein2laf

sein2laf Member

Hey guys, make sure your always using DVD+R for movies, havent had one miss and backed up 32 of my 124 dvd collection.

HP2ghz DVD-+R(w) / DVD-rom
    OS WINXP
    DVDXCopy Express
    good luck everyone

sein out

6. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Only problem is some stand alone players only play -R dvd copies. You have to check the player specs.
    Jerry

7. Jesstmc

Jesstmc Member

hey Sein try backing up X-Men 2 ..i get error write disk

8. #afonic

#afonic Regular member

Please have a look at http://dvdxcopy.afterdawn.com

It's the same forum and you will get help there, as there are many more people using this software.

9. hectar

hectar Guest

Sein: "Hey guys, make sure your always using DVD+R for movies, havent had one miss and backed up 32 of my 124 dvd collection. "

I've tried just about every dvd media made using dvdxcopy xpress and as long as the media is reasonable quality I don't think it matters that much whether ti's plus or minus. I've used DATAWRITE YELLOW CLASSICS x4 4.7GB general purpose media with great results (4xpb01u4o132792).These are minuses.

I think there are too many other variables on any given individual's machine to warrant saying "use these" - but they are a quality disk. Indeed I use them with other burning software and have more success with these in total than with any other.

I agree about the msconfig statement; seems to me to be "best practise" to do that. Also, in my experience it wont copy many copies - only originals but it does have one good point (so credit where credits due) the couffin pouffin or whatever its called set of drivers prevent systems going into standby which is good if your forgot to switch it off like I did. Hey, what do I know, I'm a noooooooooooobie toooo.