1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slim digital camera?

Discussion in 'Digital photography' started by nax0101, Jun 17, 2007.

1. nax0101

nax0101 Regular member

Hello, im looking for a slim digital camera, at an affordable price,

needed for nights out etc

what would be the best type?

2. onya

onya Guest

Well in my personal opinion....go for the NIKON range, purely for superior optics. Second considerations would go to the preference of having the maximum pixels that could be afforded and a removable memory card. Most of the "point and shoot" varietys now offer at least 4 megapixels...don't settle for anything less. It all boils down to cost as you say, so in essence get the best brand with the best features that are possible with your budget.

Have you considered a quality mobile phone for instance? Most now have at least 2 megapixels and in some cases even have an inbuilt flash. Just a thought! Can't make a phone call with a camera for now. Time will tell I guess...will we have phones that are camera's or camera's that can call your mom? The mind boggles :}

3. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

for a small footprint I love the Sony DSC-N1 or N2!
    http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/com...byside&cameras=sony_dscn1,sony_dscn2&show=all
    you will be hard to find the N1 because that was last years model...I upgraded from the N1 to the N2 because it was from an 8.1 Mega Pixel to a 10.1 Mega Pixel and bother are basically the same camera..... just a minor difference with the N2.... doesn't have the time/date stamp on it! but no biggie.