1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slot-1 SuperCard DS One any good?

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by Hundert, Aug 19, 2007.

1. Hundert

Hundert Member

Hi guys,

a search for this topic didn't turn up anything substantial, so apologies in advance if this is old news ;)

I ordered a M3 DS Simply from divineo.de nearly a month ago, and they failed to deliver it until now. When I finally did receive a package from them, it turned out to be a SuperCard DS One (Slot-1, white) instead of a M3.

Now, in short, my question is if that thing is any good :p
    I haven't tried it myself yet (Kingston 2GB MicroSD is still at the post office), but I'd like to hear some opinions on it, to decide if I should try to return it.

At this point, I just care whether it reliably plays everything I throw at it, and less about additional features like cheats, carrying case and whatnot.

Thanks in advance for any input you have!

2. spathi

spathi Regular member

The supercard one isnt too bad, their save system for clean roms is a bit wonky (it uses a battery and writes the save to the microsd only when you reboot after playing the game in clean mode)

homebrew support is decent but no dslinux. with a japanese kingston you should have no trouble playing most roms.

3. Hundert

Hundert Member

thanks for the reply. I have a different problem now, the card refuses to save my games. It does retain the savegame of the last game, but that's gone as soon as I load a different game. It doesn't save the system settings either

The Supercard tells me my microSD is too slow (Taiwanese Kingston 2gb) to even work with it, regardless of speed. So I guess that'd explain it, since I can't start anything in clean mode (whitescreen on 3x or higher speed) and use Patch mode only. But I was wondering if anyone else had a different explanation.