1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

slot 2 cart

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by spathi, Apr 24, 2007.

1. spathi

spathi Regular member

Hi,

I am planning to get an M3 Simply. I wanted to know if there are any lower priced slot 2 devices that I can use with the simply to play GBA backups. The M3 Perfect is ~$75 which is quite a bit more than the simply. I was considering getting a supercard lite but mr_hanky says its not a good choice for a slot 2 cart.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Spathi

2. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

You might want to have a look into the EZ Flash 3-1, it allows you to load GBA games from the MicroSD in the Simply into slot-2 then ran. It also has a built in rumble and RAM expansion functions.

You might want to do some research into how it works, as I havn't bought mine yet so don't know the details.

3. spathi

spathi Regular member

thanks for your reply!

I had read about the ez flash 3-in-1 but I understood that it would only work with the Ez flash V and not with M3 Simply or any other Slot 1 loader. Do you know of someone who has managed to get the combination of m3 simply and ez 3in1 working together? if this is true, i'll be very happy indeed :)

4. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

There is a homebrew application that allows the M3 to use the 3-1. Also I think newer M3 firmwares allow direct support with it, however until I buy my own 3-1 I am unsure about that part.

5. spathi

spathi Regular member

additionaly, is the EZ Flash V as good as the M3 simply?

6. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

I have no experiemce using the EZ Flash V so cannot comment on it.

7. spathi

spathi Regular member

Ok, thanks for the responses.

To complete this query for future searchers, I searched around and apparently some devs have managed to get the ez 3in1 working with the R4, so I have no doubt the M3 Simply will also be able to do this. The games are loaded using DLDI but its not 100% yet:

I am linking to the forum where I found this info. If it is against forum rules to link to other forums, please let me know and I will remove the link.

http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=54608

Thanks mr_hanky, you have saved me $50 :)

When i receive the stuff and use it together I will surely post here if nobody has discussed this M3 simply +EZ 3in1 topic by then.

8. Zombie_X2

Zombie_X2 Regular member

you can pick up a "EZ4 Lite Deluxe" from WINSUNX for $30, shipping kills it though.