1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slow burn w/Sonic RecordNow

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by brandfire, Apr 13, 2007.

1. brandfire

brandfire Member

I have been burning DVDs with Sonic Recordnow, but it takes almost 30 min to burn a disk. The burner is supposed to be a 16 speed burner as the decal on my computer states. But it will only burn at 4 speed. I have tried changing it to burn at max speed but onable to find out how to do that. I have tried evry location but can't find a place to change it. A friend has an older model of Record now and it's easy to change the burn speed. Help

2. orion250

orion250 Regular member

I have an 8x Pioneer burner and a 16x Pioneer burner that I burn at Max speed using Sonic RecordNow. My 8x burns quite a bit faster than my 16x drive. I have started using programs called DvdShrink and Imgburn to burn my movies, they work very well and are freeware. I don't use RecordNow as often anymore.

3. FFsp42

FFsp42 Regular member

@brandfire

Not a solution, but a suggestion. Increasing your burning speed also increases your chances of having an error occur and making coasters. Frequently, people will post for help as to why they cannot successfully burn a DVD. It usually comes down to two problems: either poor quality media or burning too fast.
    This is just a suggestion, but it has been widely recommended by those of us who have encountered our fair share of errors that, when dealing with writing speed, do not write faster than 1/2 of the rated speed of the media used. In other words, if using 16x media, do not burn faster than 8x. This seems to give the most stability with the greatest speed.
    Of course, what you burn at is your own choice. This is merely FYI. Good Luck!