1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slow Burn

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by RailAce, Oct 14, 2007.

1. RailAce

RailAce Guest

Hi all,
    I recently installed 2 LG 20X DVD burners on my PC. I am runnin a Celeron 2.4G, 1G of Ram, etc.
    The drives work fine, but when I try to burn using the both of them, the best speed I can get is 1.8x
    They are connected to the motherboard by the same cable.
    The drives I took out were CD-R. The jumpers were set for CS (cable select)
    Should these drives be set at the same jumper setting?

Any help on how to speed them up?

2. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

I would set the drives as master and slave. I don't know if this would affect the speed though and 1.8X seems a little slow as I can burn with both of my drives at around 4X-6X simultaneously on my four year old P4 2.4 machine running a gig of ram too. I've always found it faster to just burn one at a time as the data flow bottlenecks when using the same cables and HDD's to exchange all that data. Try Imgburns queue feature some time and see how you like it as an alternative to simul-burning.

3. RailAce

RailAce Guest

Hi,
    They have been set as master and slave.
    I installed these internals as a better option to my externals. So far, my externals did a faster job than these do.
    I wonder if setting them as CS would speed them up.
    One at a time does seem to make more sense, but it is time consuming as you know.

Thanks