1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slow burning

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Nat007, Dec 31, 2004.

1. Nat007

Nat007 Member

I use Shrick and Nero for burning DVDs I want to burn them very slowly but I don't know how to slow my burning under 4. Shrick ofer me to burn in 1 or 2 speed but it still burn at 4. What can I do to slow my burner ?

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

put it in PIO mode ... lol

There is nothing wrong with burning at 4x.

3. Nat007

Nat007 Member

How do I put it in PIO mode ? I want to burn slowly because it looks like my movies have problem. Sometimes they don't work and mostley don't last. Is there another way to insure a good burning or make sure that they will last ?

4. maven1975

maven1975 Regular member

I think PIO was a joke LOL

Burning at 4x this is fine as long as the media you are using supports 4x burning.

Try to use good quality media, i recommend discs that use Fuji or Ritek dye.

Unless of course you wish to wait hours for a disc to burn ????, if that is the case then buy media that only supports x1 or x2 speed but there is no point.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2005
  5. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

it was a joke. What brand of media are you using?

6. Nat007

Nat007 Member

I use Memorex DVD-R 8x. I try the PIO think and it does't work as you tell me. Thanks.

7. maven1975

maven1975 Regular member

The PIO bit was a joke.

There is no need to slow your burning speed down, if your DVD media supports 8x then you should be able to burn at x4, but i burn at 8x and as long as good media is used then i have no problems.

Simple thing is if it works and the discs are fine then why burn any slower ?

8. Nat007

Nat007 Member

OK So I will burn at 4x but do you know if Memorex DVD-R is a good media or should a use DVD+R or another brand ?

9. maven1975

maven1975 Regular member

I have never used them but there has been some bad reports about memorex branded discs.

But remember what may be great for some users is not always great for others.

I personally swear by the FUJIFILM03 dye but other may prefer Ritek G04-G05 etc etc.

The hard thing when recommending discs, is that brand name means absolutely nothing as it is the dye used that is the important part of the disc, i assume you are U.S based, as im U.K based i cant recommend any retailers, but generally online retailers can give you dye info on discs that retail stores wont.

If it works on your setup without errors then i dont think you really need to consider different media, unless of course you want your DVD's to be compatible with other peoples DVD players etc.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2005