1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slow connection between Xbox and PC

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Sukodin, Mar 7, 2004.

1. Sukodin

Sukodin Member

Is there any way to speed up the connection from my Xbox to my PC? I am using Flash FXP and have a 100meg router between the two of them, however I only am getting like 11meg a second transfer on most files (that is tops).. Sometimes it is slower then 1 meg a sec..

I checked the box in FlashFXP that made it transfer NOT PASSIVE.. But I have tried it both ways and it is about the same.. I am using EVOX on my Xbox.. Does that make a difference?

2. lcarbutt

lcarbutt Regular member

is it slow all the time?, my xbox-pc speed is slow when im gettin info from a game to my pc but its fast when goin from HDD-HDD, this is because the xbox dvd rom reads data a lot slower than a HDD.

So is yours slow when readin from disk to HDD because thats normal or is it slow when its HDD-HDD?

3. Sukodin

Sukodin Member

HDD to HDD.. I have copied most of my games to the HDD and am trying to transfer them to the computer..

4. Jay_sean

Jay_sean Guest

Try using another ftp client, WS FTP, FTP Voyager.
    There are also some free based ones on download.com

5. shdwsfall

shdwsfall Regular member

FlashFXP should be the best you can use. I know there is someway to switch your transfer speed to 100 full duplex instead of 10 full duplex...since you are getting around 11 megs, your may be set to 10. I am not sure how to change it though.

6. Sukodin

Sukodin Member

Is this a setting in Flash itself? My network says that it is connected at 100Megs.. (in Windows XP)..

But if this is a setting in Flash I have not changed it..

Any help would be great!

7. teeerex

teeerex Member

11 Mbytes per second is a good xfer rate - remember that your router/switch is 100 MBIT per second (not bytes) + overheads which translates into 10 or 11 Mbytes per second. Remember that the Xbox can only run at 100 Mbit half duplex (hard set) so leave your switch on auto neg or it won't work at all! If you set other devices to full duplex, then theoritcally you can get 200 Mbit / second (100 Up / 100 Down) but very few apps will use this sort of bandwidth (servers maybe..)

From HDD I get around 10-11 Mbytes per second, from DVD I get only 1.5 to 1.7 Mbyte - all to do with how fast your Xbox can read the data and from DVD it ain't too fast 2x normal DVD I think...)

Laters,

Teeerex.

8. Sukodin

Sukodin Member

Thanks for the followup! I guess I will be happy with what I am getting.. hehehe

Thanks!

9. jxc241

jxc241 Member

I would love to have 11 MB/sec. I just recently had to reinstall XP and after a long trial and error process I have finally gotten the PC able to transfer files to the xbox. I was alway able to connect just not transfer files. Don't ask me what I did to change that. But the only problem now is that I am only transfering at tops 40 Kb/sec.
    Any thoughts on that one?
    I have evox, xp, 2 NIC cards, and flash xp.

10. Mayor

Mayor Member

Sir,

Be very happy with 11meg xfr rate. Just so you know, the average from Flash FXP is around 9meg, and I know alot of people that cant get over 4meg.

Also, alot of people that run a Wireless connection to their XBOX only get about 2meg to 2.5 meg - TOPS.

Again, with 11meg - I would be doing Cart Wheels - and believe me, Im in no shape to do so - hehehe!

Mayor

11. Sukodin

Sukodin Member

LoL.. Well it has dropped a little lately, though I have added to my network a little.. Now I am averaging about 8-9 meg's a sec.. Still disapointed, but.. I guess it could be far worse..