1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slow sound on DV capture

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by nevbadger, Apr 19, 2005.

1. nevbadger

nevbadger Member

Can anybody help with a problem that has been driving me mad?

I have a Panasonic mini DV camcorder and am trying to transfer video to my PC via firewire so I can burn to DVD.

PC is using a 200GB hard drive, Windows 2000, AMD Athlon 1800+ CPU, with 512 MB of RAM.

Software I have tried is Win DVD creator, Image Transfer and Nero 6.

When capturing, the capture seems to work OK, but when I playback, the video is fine, but the sound plays really slowly. I have one video where it starts off OK but the sound turns slow 10 minutes in to the file.

I am sure in the past it worked OK when I first got it all hooked up and I don't think I am doing anything different. I am capturing as AVI files.

Any suggestions much appreciated!

2. TPFKAS

TPFKAS Regular member

3. nevbadger

nevbadger Member

Thanks - Great link I tried DVAPP for a quick (1 minute) trial and all seemed well. Watch this space!

Cheers

4. memento56

memento56 Member

A few issues here, but there are two types of AVI (Type 1 and 2, not surprisingly) and they interleave the audio differently ... and interleave mismatches creates audio sync or no-audio problems ... good luck.