1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slow sound/voices after converting divx to dvd

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by compact, Feb 1, 2007.

1. compact

compact Regular member

After I converted a divx avi file to dvd using AVI2DVD, the sounds and voice are slow i.e. the people speak with lower, slightly slower voices.

Has anyone else come across this?

And ideas?

2. 4rsbrg

4rsbrg Member

I have this issue as well. You come across a remedy?

3. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

My suggestion (only since I usually use elementary streams) is: extract an uncompressed WAV from the AVI before converting [use VirtualDub, read the FAQ) it. If the AVI has AC3 sound, simply demux it.
    Then you make the AVI --> MPG conversion, you convert WAV --> AC3 with FFMPEG GUI and finally author them:
    load the converted MPV (the video part of the MPG) with the AC3 stream you made by yourself and you'll have a VOB set (VOBs + BUP + IFO) containing a good audio.
    That is = Video + Audio --> DVD files

Last edited: Feb 5, 2007
  4. 4rsbrg

4rsbrg Member

Ok...I attempted to demux...but got a error "audio samples 797519-7999999 could not be read in the source" There is no flaws on the minidv tape though. I'm stumpped. Anyway to fix this? LOL?

5. 4rsbrg

4rsbrg Member

I think part way I went from standard play to long play. Will that have any bearing?