1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slow Write Speeds

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by tic62, Feb 13, 2005.

1. tic62

tic62 Guest

Using A ts-h552b Burner won't write no faster than 1.8 speed on nero express or easy meda 7 All Blanks disk are 8x tried all brands with no increase in write speed need help system 3.0 processer 512 ram

2. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

Check your manufactures website for a firmware update for your burner.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2005
  3. Balaam

Balaam Regular member

and make sure your HD is set to DMA mode, and try defragmenting your PC.

4. tic62

tic62 Guest

Updated firmware no luck defraged cpu no better I am not sure how to check the DMA setting for hard drive Need help the best speed i can get is 1.8 write speed on Nero while using 8x DVD+ and DVD- tried all brands
    of blank meda The Model Is a TSST Corp ts-h552b running firm ware ts04 Also unpluged IDE cable no luck and power supply

5. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

right click my computer/properties/hardware/device manager:http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/device/storage/IDE-DMA.mspx

6. bardie

bardie Regular member

Is this an external burner? through a USB 2 port?
    If it is an external burner then make sure it runs through a USB 2 port or otherwise you will there forever trying to do anything.

7. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

tic62,

Try what jim_dandy said first. If that's not the problem, go into device manager and disable your dvdrw then reboot, check in device manager, if windows did not reenable the drive, do so and reboot again if you had to reanable it yourself. Try that.

8. tic62

tic62 Guest

Thanks All I was able to change the DMA setting also I whent to CDRinfo and found a new update instaled speeds are better now