1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slow writing for data disc in Nero 6

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by Sakuya, Nov 4, 2007.

1. Sakuya

Sakuya Member

I just got a new drive, Sony DW-G120A MYR5. I am burning a data disc comprising of 4 AVI files for playing in my DivX player (a total of 956MB of material). However it took a ridiculous 40 minutes in Nero 6 to burn! The buffer level was a mere 7% and I only had a browser open. I've checked in Device Manager and the transfer mode is set to "Ultra DMA Mode". Here is the Nero history log.

Any help is appreciated. :)

Edit:
    [SOLVED] I uninstalled the Secondary IDE device via Device Manager. As long as you know for sure what you're installing is the device for your DVD writer, right click and uninstall it and it will prompt you to reboot. Then it will prompt you to reboot again after it has re-installed it. Then go back and check by right-clicking on the device in Device Manager and go to properties to check if it is back in PIO mode. If it is, change it back to DMA and reboot again. Then I have fast-speed burns again.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2007
  2. 56delray

56delray Regular member

You might want to edit the serial number fronm the log.
    1A23-****-****-****-****-****
    I have enough free numbers for Nero. lol
    I do not remember if ForceASPI 4.60 is better for Win 2000.
    But you might want to update Nero to 6.6.0.18
    http://www.filehippo.com/download_nero_burning_rom/tech/?539