1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sluggish PC

Discussion in 'Windows - Virus and spyware problems' started by Zhi.Zed, May 20, 2015.

1. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

One of his earlier shots showed ram usage at 88% but not too concerned at that. Would like to see the HD condition as may be near full and in bad need of defrag.

2. Zhi.Zed

Zhi.Zed Member

Ok, here's more info...
    My C disk has 34 GB free of total 107 GB, that makes about 30%. I have 2 more partitions that are used purely for storage and disk cleanup can't find anything to clean.
    Disk cleanup on C can get about 70 MB, so - not much going on there. I also ran the defragmenter, after analisys there was 1% fragmented, but I let it go through it anyway. Btw, it was already scheduled to defragment once a month, so I guess this is not an issue either.
    I'll get a shot of resource monitor in the morning after startup, as that's when the slowing down occurs. I'll also disable what scorpNZ suggested and let you know what happens.

3. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

Well, with 30% you should be OK for a while. With other partitions you can always expand your C drive into one of them when needed..
    Those items Scorp mentioned are fine tuning and nit picking that don't amount to a lot of saved space.. MS has a pretty good handle on the services now days and I really don't like to change any of them except when there is a problem with one..

Let me know the outcome....
    2oG

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

Zhi.Zed, is that hard drive a single drive partitioned into multiple partitions or is that 1 of 2 hard drives & what are their capacities?

5. Zhi.Zed

Zhi.Zed Member

It's one drive with 3 partitions.

Here are the shots, I took them minutes after startup. Although, it seems to be running a lot smoother, I read somewhere that the update process can use up a lot of space and slow down the pc...

performance. resource.

6. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

Hi Zhi.Zed, that looks pretty darn good, you're not even using half your ram....
    I don't know of anything else you could do and like I said, if you need extra space on your drive, you can expand into one of your other partitions..

7. Zhi.Zed

Zhi.Zed Member

I'll keep that in mind :)
    HUGE thanks to everyone, I think this one is solved.

8. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

Enjoy, surf safe and have a Happy! :D