1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slvr l7 (unlocked)... I am having truble connecting with my computer through a usb cord

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by zoltain, May 3, 2007.

1. zoltain

zoltain Guest

Hello, I have a slvr l7 and am trying to transfer mp3's onto it for ringtones. When i connect it to my computer it says new hardware found. (I've downloaded a bunch of drivers none of which have worked). This is the only recognition of the phone being connected to the computer. If it is in memorycard mode Itunes opens however doesnt reconize the phone. Whhen im in data/fax mod nothing happends. From what i've read i should be able to just open the phone like any other external drive under 'mycomputer' but nothing shows up here. Thnx for helpin :-D

2. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

from where did you download the drivers?
    This site has the latest drivers for PC/USB Motorola, and includes the L7,
    Drivers
    Let me know if this helps.

3. Galick

Galick Guest

www.hacktheL7.com is a GREAT website if you want to hack your L7. now about your problem. i had the same problem. i don't know why but when i plugged it in, in Data/Fax Mode, nothing happened. i opened P2K Tools and the Installer showed up for some odd reason...in any case just go to the website and it should help you if you follow all the steps.

4. zoltain

zoltain Guest

The drivers didnt work (ive tried most drivers vairous websites have told me to use) Thnx for trying though

I did go onto hackthel7.com and i think its working. My computer is recognizing my phone more whatever that means. I'll let you know how it goes... thnx for helpin :-D

5. zoltain

zoltain Guest

YES! I've finnally fixed the problem. Just needed one of the programs on the website u gave me. THnx so much.

6. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

Which program?
    Just a simple request to help other people who may have the same problem you encounter with your phone, spell out the steps you took, and the programs you used to accomplish what you needed to do, provide links as well, not as much for me, but for other people like yourself who need to learn how to fix their phone. Instead of the next person asking the same question again and waiting a couple of days for a response, all the info they need is right here. Heck I'd love to hear how you fixed it.
    Thanks in advance.

7. BaSx

BaSx Member

Hi im having a simlar problem, but i have cingular slvr L7 my moms and sisters phones are both recognized by the computer and itunes but not mine says found new hard where and wont install?

8. zoltain

zoltain Guest

Umm... i'm not exactly sure what finally did it since i'm sure i took ALOT of extra steps and downloaded alot of extra downloads/drivers but ill try and say what i think did the trick

First I follow these steps http://www.slvrhackers.net/home/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=21

the all i think you need need is the program called mobile phone tools. You have to buy it but it did the trick perfectly.

hope that helps.

9. Galick

Galick Guest

Go to Menu>Settings>Connection>USB Settings> then change it to Data/Fax Connection. Then install the drivers from HERE. installing the Drivers might take a while. Then Open P2K Tools.
    NOTE: In P2K Tools it SHOULD say connected if you installed the Drivers right and are in Data/Fax Mode.
    Hope this helps somebody...

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2007
  10. ashbeau

ashbeau Member

Hi.. i just got my L7 ((no iTunes)) today and i have no idea where to begin transfering mp3 onto it for ringtones. im clueless as to where to even start. and when i plug it up to my computer it recognized it and went through an installation process but that was it. can someone help?? thanx