1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sly Sports 1 Problem Resolved & Closed

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by sc0user, Mar 3, 2008.

1. brundj

brundj Member

about the patch sorry if im bein difficulty lol

2. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Here's a simple file patcher for STARVIEW channel data files to get the full-screen image on ShySports1 instead of the ShyBet banner etc. Once new firmware has been released to fix the problem on a more permanent basis this patcher will no longer be required.

NOTE - THIS IS FOR ORIGINAL STARVIEW 1 BOXES ONLY. NOT FOR THEBOX NOR THE PVR!!!

This patch only works under the following conditions...

A. Original Starview1 boxes only, provided they're loaded with V2.54 to V2.59 firmware ONLY. V2.60 & later will not work.
    B. Before applying the patch to your channel data file, ensure that SlySports1 is the first channel in your data file. You can sort this using the remote with the Starview box, or with the channel editor on your PC.

Instructions...
    1. Download the patch software (below) to your PC & extract the executable from the zip file.
    2. Save the channel data file from your Starview1 box to your PC, with SS1 as channel 1 in your list as noted above.
    3. Make a note of the current keys for your box (Menu/1570/N-vison), just in case the firmware in step 4 below doesn't auto-roll later. Be sure to note both sets of keys for your provider.
    4. Re-flash your Starview1 box with any version of firmware between 2.54 & 2.59.
    5. On your PC, run the StarviewPatch.exe file then click on the Browse button to find your channel data file to be patched.
    6. When the file is loaded, the Patch button should be active. Click on the Patch button and save your patched data file.
    7. Download the patched channel data file to your Starview1 box.
    8. You may need to manually reset your keys that were noted in step 3 above. Do this under Menu/1570/N-vision.
    9. Change to the SS1 channel & enjoy it in all its glory!

As always, you use this software at your own risk.

This temporary fix has been compiled by TheBish and all credit and thanks to him.

Can people please report if this works, so we can pass the info on to him.

NOTE: I recommend using the 2.57eE fixed firmware it is fine for both clone and genuine boxes and that way your box will still auto update the keys.
    You will find the file starviewpatch.zip in Eamos FTA library Starview Software Folder.At the bottom of this post.

3. brundj

brundj Member

so does that work on v4.00

4. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

you are not reading it you have to downgrade your firmware to under V2.60 to use the patch

5. brundj

brundj Member

do i have to use the gtrom loader to down grade

6. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

yep as there is no other way of getting the firmware on to your box otherwise

7. brundj

brundj Member

how do i do that 2. Save the channel data file from your Starview1 box to your PC, with SS1 as channel 1 in your list as noted above

8. brundj

brundj Member

hi freg ive done that but i put my v4.00 back on and its come back on was i ment to of done that

9. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

no you have to leave the other firmware on the box until there is a fix done for it best to put V2.57 e_E fixed which will autoroll as well for you

10. brundj

brundj Member

sorry for bein a pain and thank for all your help mate speak to you soon

11. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

no bother thanks

12. TAFSIR

TAFSIR Regular member

there is no need for the patch guys , as it sorted itself out during the night

13. EvilSpeak

EvilSpeak Member

Cool, Thanks for the Info/Update on this!

14. laff

laff Member

happy days i have THE BOX been in sky bet mode for around 7 days but switched on this morning @ its gone back 2 normal so just run with it im in dundee .

15. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

OK GUYS AND GALS THERE IS NO NEED TO PUT THIS PATCH ON ANY MORE IT HAS BEEN FIXED BY THE CABLE COMPANY AND ALL IS BACK TO NORMAL BIG SCREENS

16. rtman85

rtman85 Guest

If I re-flash my box with the 257e_e_Fixed will it delete the patch and autoroll again?

Cheers

17. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

even if you leave the v2.57 e E your box will autoroll still did it autoroll this morning as there where a code roll on both N** and C&W so if they did stick to what you have now and you will have no problems in case that small screen happens again and you have to go back again but that is up to you if you reflash higher than v2.60 yes your patch will no longer work

18. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Ferg I have removed the fix on the first page due to the CC fixing it, wish they would let us know in future that it was their cock up :)

19. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Yep that is fine mate no bother thanks maybe change the title as well and that will stop it showing up

20. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Done Ferg gotta fly catch you later.