1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SlySoft AnyDVD

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by fseymour, Aug 19, 2005.

1. fseymour

fseymour Member

I am thinking about purchasing the above software. Does anyone know if it works the way they say it works? Thanks for any help/suggestions I can get from anyone!

Frank Seymour

2. rlillie

rlillie Guest

I have both AnyDvd and Dvd Cloner 2 and they work just great. Have never had a problem./

3. thugs121

thugs121 Regular member

It's great software to use to back-up your dvds. You'll have lifetime upgrades if you buy the software. You do have a 21 day trial to fully try it before you'll have to buy it. It [bold]is[/bold] worth it. This software gives you freedom to legally back up your dvd despite the morons from the MPAA want you to think it's wrong to back up your dvd...

If you don't think this isn't for you, here's another program that does the same thing like AnyDVD does: DVD Region+CSS Free

http://dvdidle.com/dvd-region-free.htm

You could also use DVD43 to back up your dvds, but w/out the special features the ones above have. You won't be able to remove region code scripts and other things, but it is [bold]free[/bold].

http://dvd43.com/

Last edited: Aug 19, 2005
  4. fseymour

fseymour Member

rlillie and thugs121,

I have two DVD RW drives in my computer, will AnyDVD allow me to directly copy from one drive to the other? Thanks for letting me know about AnyDVD.

Frank

5. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

que pasa Frank?

yes but you need one drive to rip the dvd and the other to burn, hope your not trying to do a straight copy from one drive to the next.

6. fseymour

fseymour Member

I thought that is what the AnyDVD software took care of, to eliminate the downloading to the HD. Am I wrong or what?

Thanks,
    Frank

7. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

just asking but are new to backing up movies?

8. tuppeny

tuppeny Member

Just bought ANYDVD works great but how do you update it??

9. thugs121

thugs121 Regular member

Right-click on the fox icon, choose [bold]Settings...[/bold], select the tab labeled: Program, check the option that says: Automatically check for new AnyDVD Version

Or you could just download the newest version available and install it over the old one...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 20, 2005
  10. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

also they will sent you an e-mail if theres an update
    you can download it from there

11. tuppeny

tuppeny Member

Thanks for such a quick reply, sometimes i can be so thick why didn't i think of looking there lol, thanks for the help

12. davidw001

davidw001 Regular member

@fseymour, AnyDvd is awesome! Simple yet effective! The best hassle-free decrypter out there, IMO!

13. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

moved from all other topics.

14. Frankwm

Frankwm Member

@ fseymour - AnyDVD does not process, convert, copy or burn DVD's.

All that AnyDVD does is run in the background, between your DVD reader & your computer, so to speak, and "remove" any & all copy protection from the DVD that is in your DVD reader.

Thus, all your computer "sees" is a non-copy protected DVD, although the original DVD is, of course, still copy protected..

You still have to have other software to burn the DVD from the "reader" to the "burner".

To answer your two original questions very briefly, yes, it works the way they say it does, and, yes, you can copy directly from one drive to the other, as long as you have a program that burns DVD's.

15. permatex

permatex Regular member

i have two dvd burners that i use with clone dvd2 and anydvd,the way it works i program one burner to copy and the other as destination,the movie is copied to the hard drive then back to the destination burner to burn dvd,once the dvd is complete the program erase the movie from the hard drive and you are ready to copy another movie.clone dvd must be set up which is a relatevily simple procedure....if you want to copy from one dvd writer to another writer you will need a program called record now by roxio.com.this will copy from dvd writer to dvd writer as long as the dvd is a copy of a dvd and not the original,in other words if you copy a dvd using anydvd and clone dvd,1-click,dvdxcopy or any of the other copy programs.record now will copy the copied dvd from dvd writer. to dvd writer.

16. HazelB

HazelB Member

AnyDVD is as good as it gets...

A question, though. I have a Dr. Who disk in PAL region 2 and have no problem making a backup (Thanks AnyDVD. However, I'd like to play the backup on my stand-alone DVD player. The message is not that it is PAL, my player accepts that, it is out of region.

How do I change the region? AnyDVD doesn't seem to do it. Am I missing a setting change?

Thanks

17. overkill

overkill Member

HazelB

Double click fox head in task bar,this opens the program, click on settings,then,make the DVD tab is open,select your region. That simple.

18. overkill

overkill Member

HazelB

Also,under that same tab (DVD) ,under feature removal make sure all boxes are checked.

19. love99

love99 Guest

i am new to this site. after learning of the news about dvd decrypter, i have been lost. I have been reading a lot of messages about new programs, but am getting confused.
    I tried to backup triple xxx with dvd decrypter and it failed. will anydvd work with this, will it clash with dvd decrypter, will they shut anydvd down like they did dvd decrypter?
    I am so confused now???
    i am willing to purchase, but i don"t want to get burned, no pun intended.
    someone please give me some guidance.
    thanks
    love99

20. permatex

permatex Regular member

to love99-anydvd killed the copyright protection on tripple x and i was able to copy.slysoft the company that makes anydvd is always on the job,as fast as a new copyright is found they will send out a upgrade to all registered customers,i have not found a dvd that anydvd could not kill the copyright protection and if you do is won`t be long before an upgrade is sent out.not a good idea to run decripter and anydvd together,it can cause conflicts.anydvd is all you will need.