1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SlySoft AnyDVD

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by fseymour, Aug 19, 2005.

1. bluto1940

bluto1940 Guest

sorry about double post

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2005
  2. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

Tido CloneDVD 2 IS much BETTER than cloner2 not even in the same ballpark

3. Tido

Tido Member

I didn't realize my friend has Clone DVD2 and I tried his version over the weekend, and it still had problems copying my movies. He also has the latest version of AnyDVD, still nothing. Yes, it did burn some movies way faster than the 1st version, but some wouldn't copy. I also noticed that some of the videos had little glitches in them when my wife and I watched them. Any ideas why?

4. permatex

permatex Regular member

i have been using clone 2 dvd and anydvd for a long time and have yet to find a dvd that i could not copy,try a different copy of the movie you can`t copy and also try different media.

5. josephga

josephga Guest

i bought anydvd two weeks ago and i use it with 1clickdvd and love it

6. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

Tido CloneDVD 2 with anydvd will backup any movie on the planet. theres never been a movie that i havent been able to backup with this combo .make sure you have a clean system as in a disc cleanup and defraging your PC often.

as far as the skipping DO THIS turn off EVERYTHING (inculding your internet connection)while your encoding and burning your dvds.

second.. thing make sure you are using good blank media which would be Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim or Ritek(ridata) in that order or stuff that codes out as Taiyo Yuden which is Fuji Film,Sony and some Maxell DVD+R

third.. burn at 4X max. IMPORTANT this will be a big help also just do the movie only and NOT all the extras

this should take care of your problem lets us know

7. permatex

permatex Regular member

one expetience i would like to share,i had a similar experience a few years ago where sometimes my dvd writer would not copy some movies and then some i could copy with no broblem,it took me a while to realize the problem was the dvd writer itself,it seem like my dvd writer would read some movies and not others.i installed a new dvd wtiter and has not had a broblem since.

8. Tido

Tido Member

Originally I was using the media that looks like a old film (verbatim I believe). This batch of dvd+r I bought Sony. Also, I did what you said about disc clean up and defragmenting my computer, but still no luck. Mona Lisa Smile is a hard one, and I haven't had time to try Triple X yet again.

9. permatex

permatex Regular member

to bunnyrip=anydvd has had two upgrades in september,5.4.3.1 and 5.4.4.1,if you did not get a auto update go to slysoft and download the latest,install over the previous version.

10. limed727

limed727 Member

The current ver of dvd decrypter should be able to copy Triple X:state of the union, make sure it's not scratched or dirty. Anyway I had been using dvd decrypter w/no problems up until yesterday, couldn't copy lords of dogtown. I'm looking to buying anydvd, and have one question. will it work in combination with dvd decrypter? T

11. catfreak

catfreak Active member

I use AnyDVD along with either DVD Decrypter or DVD Shrink on a regular basis, never any encryption problems ... ANY DVD IS A GREAT PROGRAM

12. MikeO89

MikeO89 Member

Ok, I'm reading here about AnyDVD and still trying to figure this out. I'm getting here that AnyDVD sort of tricks the computer into thinking the DVD does not have any copy protection. Is that correct? If so I would think you should be able to burn straight from the original DVD to a blank DVD (someone said here you couldn't unless you made a burned DVD first). That made no sense to me because if AnyDVD already is telling the computer there is no copy protection then I would think it would be recognized the same as a copied/decrypted DVD when trying to copy DVD to DVD. What am I missing there?

Another question. I see a lot of people here say to use it with CloneDVD2. Why is this? What does CloneDVD2 do that DVD Shrink won't? (Besides being able to burn, which is minor as I would just use DVD Decrypter or Nero to do that anyway). I most always just copy the movie without all the extra crap (and also strip out foreign sound tracks, remove end credits, etc), so I still need a program to do that (re-author). Makes no sense to me to do the one click thing and not be able to do any editing.

I'm not really too keen on having a program always running in the background. I don't like something plugged that deep into the OS. That's why I haven't yet tried AnyDVD. Can AnyDVD be turned off from running in the background without un-installing it?

The day I see DVD Decrypter not be able to decrypt a DVD Movie is when I'll start looking for an alternative. I hear that DVDFab Decrypter will do what DVD Decrypter does and it is being updated to decrypt anything new that comes out. I'd probably check that one out first if something comes out that DVD Decrypter can't do.

So far I'll say what a lot have said here about AnyDVD and CloneDVD2. I also have yet to have one failed burn using DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink. So far it's the only way I've ever burned and it's still batting 100%. I know that will change sometime in the future, so I'm exploring all my options to be ready when that time comes.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2005
  13. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

limed727 yes it will work with dvd decrypter
    BUT anydvd seems to work best with CloneDVD 2 which is the same company as anydvd (slysoft)

14. permatex

permatex Regular member

there has been instances of comflict between anydvd and decrypter when both were trying to do the same thing.anydvd works,check show informatiom screen in progmans of anydvd set up and once you see the info screen after you install a dvd this screen tells you,you are ready to copy the dvd,if you get the info screen and you still can`t copy the dvd the problem is not anydvd,it has done its job,look for bad media,or dirty or scratched dvd or possibly a problem with your dvd writer itself.

15. overkill

overkill Member

Mike089,
    Here's some answers to some of your questions.
    I've used all of the progs. you've listed here. If your gonna use any of them, your not gonna need AnyDVD,no need to use a couple of DVD copy protection removers at the same time.
    All you need,is AnyDVD and any burning program that can make a DVD to 1 disk.{shrink to one disk}.
    Personally,I use Anydvd with Nero(Recode) or Intervideo DVD Copy,the latter two are only burning programs and not crackers,AnyDVD does the cracking.
    If you opt not to use AnyDVD, I have used DVDFab Decrypter,without any problems. here's the link for the free goodies. They keep it updated. http://www.dvdidle.com/free.htm
    Now,what else?
    Oh yea,
    DVD Decrypter,is no longer in business,so it is no longer updated.
    AnyDVD has 2 options from running in the background.

1. You can disable it...... right click foxhead in taskbar...click on enable Anydvd to switch it to disabled
    OR
    2. click on Autostart to keep it from loading when Windows is started all together. It's found in the same menu.
    Hope I helped out.
    See ya...........

16. overkill

overkill Member

17. iatik

iatik Guest

Mikeo89

To answer your question - nothing, except for newly encrypted movies. DVD Shrink is no longer being updated, the developer went to Nero (they needed the help). Even with AnyDVD running in the background DVD Shrink can't decrypt some of the newer encryptions (LOTR for example).

So, it's not quite accurate to assume that all AnyDVD does is decrypt - there are hooks into the burning programs that need to be current for complete decyrption to be recognized. But, until you come across the first new encryption you can't burn, there is no need to spend $$$ on CloneDVD until you need to. I use DVD Shrink for 99% of my burns (all movies, zero games). LOTR was the first new encryption that DVD Shrink gagged on and said ix-nay. In the spirit of supporting legitimate and fantastic developers, I have the real CloneDVD + AnyDVD - http://www.elby.ch or http://www.slysoft.com = and CloneDVD burned LOTR without blinking.

Happy Burning....Askalthea

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2005