1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SlySoft switching over to the Euro soon, prices going up

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by fasfrank, Nov 30, 2007.

1. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

I just got this notice from Slysoft:
    Using a currency calculator, that looks like a jump in price for AnyDVD from $49.00 to $71.98.
    Sombody may want to check my numbers.

2. freedom2

freedom2 Regular member

well i guess its time for SlySoft to get out of reach, like
    everything else.............

people will be starting to look elsewhere i guess tht's
    just to much for one program, and i own it...

SlySoft needs to start doing a better and faster job of
    everything at that price............

shame on you SlySoft..............

nothing good lasts.long enough.............

gday to you

3. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

I'm fortunate enough to have already made the purchases for the products that I need from them. And as stated the increase is justified as the support and updates for life are very good.

4. bunnyrip

bunnyrip Regular member

I won't say anything but this:
    My suggestion would be buy what you need soon. Slysoft will provide Free Lifetime Updates for their products. And as anyone here knows: Slysoft has made backing up easy, despite the constant efforts of the movie company's to try and prevent fair use. I am sure that Slysoft will be fair about any price increases. However, anyone here in the USA knows very well how prices go up, not down. We should be used to it by now. Also,Slysoft offers discounts a LOT. I know that Slysoft must pay their developers well to keep up their good work. And they do a great job!
    Post on Slysoft's forum and ask for a little less increase, but be nice & respectful. After all, all us Slysoft AnyDVD users know that it is The Best Software for backing up anywhere.

5. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

It's less than Nero and actually does what many newbies think Nero does but can't.
    I own it already and ditto what Bunny said.

I really wonder what the MPAA/Sony/etc is doing/thinking about Slysoft. I imagine the've explored every avenue to get to them. We all saw what they did to a ity bity proggy like RipIt4me. It must really be frustrating to not get at Slysoft. I wonder if they sent threating letters?

6. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

I'm sure something behind the scenes has/is going on but since slysoft is off shores i don't think Sony etc. can touch them. information like that will never have access too anyway

7. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

All the more reason for them to allow Paypal purchases; that's what's stopping me buying AnyDVD & any other of their products

8. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

...and here I thought you only had eyes for Fengtao creaky.

9. creaky

i do, but what with problems with some of the latest movies in DVDFab and DVD Rebuilder it's time to have some more options :)

Last edited: Dec 1, 2007
  10. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

creaky how about using a visa/mastercard gift card?

11. creaky

don't have Visa or access to one; but i see there's another option that Slysoft offer, i'll check it out

12. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

you can get a Visa/Mastercard gift card at the local mall and pay cash for the amount you want

13. creaky

i thought that was only a US thing but i guess it wouldn't hurt to ask in a large store, cheers

14. zebadee

zebadee Regular member

Hi ;-)
    In Europe try PaySafeCard.

http://www.paysafecard.com/

The above conversion maybe accurate, but as Slysoft indicated a 'modest' price rise in the new year. You could pay even more.
    An example (this is just a possibility, not fact).
    AnyDVD now 49$ after price rise/conversion 79$.(edit: Here I meant to put if the above conversion is correct - It is more likely to be $59)
    This would mean you pay as much for AnyDVD then as you would for AnyDVDHD now!
    With lifetime updates it might be wise to get it now.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2007
  15. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@zeb/slysoft

I could justify even a 30% increase. But from $49 to $79 that's a 60% price increase. A little hard to swallow. At least you're giving fair notice and there is a sale till Jan. I love you're products but I would never pay that for them especially when there are free alternatives.

16. ChrisC586

ChrisC586 Regular member

I was thinking the same thing at first, but remembering when I first got into burning before I found this site, the money I spent for programs that wasn't worth a dime. I'd guess back then I probably spent two to three hundred dollars. So for what Sly is doing makes sense to me, especially if I compare it to a gallon of gas back then to now.I also remember after buying their programs at the time I would have paid a hundred dollars for the programs after getting them.The research and development of their products are still cheaper than the drug companys.So if it takes the price increase to stay solvent I'll pay. One thought that does cross my mind,is the switch to Euro to keep hands off to the Americas? Chris

17. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

garmoon the free apps aren't working on some of new titles though. My opinion slysoft is thinking ahead and this will probably work out ok

18. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Since I use Anydvd exclusively, I thought that eventually Fab upgrades took care of it's problem movies. I have both just in case. Just a little too much of an increase. I can't for the life of me think of a product that has increased 60% in a month's time ever. I certainly won't knock their products, they are top notch.

19. Deadrum33

Deadrum33 Active member

Technically the price hasnt increased, the U.S. dollar isnt worth the paper its printed on and we finally had to catch up to what the rest of the world is doing.
    I imagine it was quite a good deal at the old prices for everyone else, it would cost them the equivalent of about $7 US

20. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

No where close to 7$ at the current rate of exchange. I can understand the sentiment, but at the same time Slysoft changes from dollar to euro, 1:1, they're effectively jacking the price in all currrencies. Not only are they saying the dollar isn't as stable as the euro, they're saying they want a lot more for the software.

I don't think Slysoft's software is worth it considering the price for DVDIdle's programs. Do the current rate of exchange for dollar to euro, then use the number for dollars as conversion of euro to dollars. Use the number for current cost of Slysoft software in dollars. Currently the US dollar exchange rate is 1 USD = 0.680828 EUR. For those without a calculator handy, that means the $79 US AnyDVD HD Decrypter will go up about 25.21 euros from the current 53.79 EUR. In USD that means a hike of $37.04 to about $116.04. That's a hefty price hike whether it's euros, dollars, yen, pesos, or whatever. Nobody comes out a winner except Slysoft. The dollar trades lower than the euro, but I'd hardly call it worthless. Anyone thinking so can send all that worthless paper to me for disposal. LOL

Edit:
    Last year at this time the USD = 0.75 EUR. If the program had been priced 79 USD at the time, that would have been 59.25 EUR. That's less than 6 euros difference over the past year and Slysoft has raised the prices over the past year as we've all seen. They're jacking the price by 4X the change of the currency exchange rate for the past year in terms of the euro. Sales are dropping and Slysoft is trying to make more on each sale is what appears to be happening. I'll no longer recommend Slysoft because they've priced themselves off the market in my book.