1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SlySoft switching over to the Euro soon, prices going up

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by fasfrank, Nov 30, 2007.

1. ChrisC586

ChrisC586 Regular member

@ Expat 1. The HD upgrade is $30 and is eligible now for the 20% discount. Just ask for it and send SlySoft support your order number. $6.00 isn't much but who would turn it down? The upgrade is NOT eligible for discount. Just bought the upgrade and theres no dicount for upgrades.But what i paid for AnyDVD 3 years ago $30.00 is worth it for the upgrade. Chris

2. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Well said. More comment is simply repeating what's already been posted. The increase will have no effect on me and likely none on the other contributors to this thread. Almost double the cost in everyone's currency... caveat emptor.

3. expat83

expat83 Member

I stand to what I said. It's too late to remap the purchase SSL area to include coupon code entry to the HD upgrade. Anyone who asks for the "Christmas" discount for the AnyDVD to AnyDVD "HD" upgrade will get the $6.00, period. I never said the coupon field is there, I said it's available to those who ask. So, Chris, send a support ticket to SlySoft and ask for Frank. You'll get that $6.00

4. ChrisC586

ChrisC586 Regular member

expat83 After rereading your post I apologize since I gave bad information for not reading your post thoroughly.Thank you much and Happy Holidays to you and yours. Chris

5. cindyh

cindyh Member

Is there any other program that will do the same as clone dvd mobile? I love the program, a friend of mine has it and anydvd and clonedvd. I am very impressed, i have watched them use it for years.. I need to buy them now i guess unless anything will the same stuff as all the slysoft programs.. i assume if one will you guys will know.

6. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Buy the programs before the massive price increase. If you don't, you'll be pi$$ed in more way$ than just money.

7. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

dvdfab platinum and Intervideo DVDCopy 6 both work well also

Last edited: Dec 28, 2007
  8. res2cue

res2cue Guest

neither of which are free.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2007
  9. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

I'm agree with ZoSoIV on the alternatives. Granted, Slysoft is good, but they've never been the only game going and haven't always been the leader.

But they don't cost as much. DVDCopy 6 besides doing the transcoding, processing different formats and such also handles the mobile formats. It does what it takes 2 or 3 Slysoft programs to handle.

10. dr_ml422

dr_ml422 Regular member

@pacman

hi pacman. that dvdfab hd platinum it backs-up, compresses, and burns in 1 shot? what kind of burn engine does it use? is it more, or less like shrink? i don't mind going through the motions w/the freeware, but if i could do all 3 w/1 proggie that would be more convenient, and quicker of course.

11. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

What can I say? The burn engine is incorporated into the program. It works just as well as the other popular programs. DVDFab Platinum is the all in one program if that's what you're looking for.

12. cindyh

cindyh Member

Thanks guys, i dont have much time to look around now before buying.. I liked the idea of putting videos on the iphone, psp with dvdmobile, i didnt know any of the others would do that. Are they an easy interface to use? I used one of the fab products years ago, before i bought from 321 in st louis, that didnt last long :( I have to admit i like slysofts ease of use, but as i said, nothing to comapre to, will try to look at the ones you recommended.. thanks agian

13. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

the pay programs like clonedvdmoblie,dvdfab platinum and Intervideo DVDCopy 6 are all easy to use

14. bunnyrip

bunnyrip Regular member

Just my thoughts on this matter, for what they're worth.
    Common Business sense says: It takes Money to stay in the game, let's look at 2 "Free" Programs. DVD Shrink & DVD Decrypter. These 2 have not been updated for several years. The developer of DVD Shrink works for "Ahead" Nero now, DVD Decrypter was "bought out" by Macromedia? Slysoft is still here and updates as often as needed. I see no way the "Free" software developers can "Stay in the game"
    Per Se. When they decide to either quit, or start charging, I'll still have AnyDVD, CloneDVD2, and CloneCD. Yes, I like the Freeware sometimes, but it takes longer to achieve results with them. I don't have a lot of free time, so I like what I mostly use. Slysoft Products. I bought them years ago, and it was & still is the best $$$ I have spent on Software of it's kind.
    Final Word: "To each His/Her own. Use what you like. It's a Free world out here.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2007
  15. dr_ml422

dr_ml422 Regular member

@pacman

hi pacman. where can i go to learn more about using dvdfab hd. i know the usual stuff. i'm just a lil stuck on how to create a new folder to back-up my video files and where to output it so that i won't get duplicate VIDEO_TS folders. dvdfab hd has its output to the dvdfab folder and full, or main movie, which ever you choose. i hate having to open several subfolders 2 get 2 the VIDEO_TS folder that'll need transcoding, and then burning. if this post needs 2 b moved to a right location it's ok. i just didn't know where 2 ask this. thnx.

16. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Don't worry, this thread has pretty much turned into a commercial for Slysoft anyway. With DVDFab Platinum, you'll just be one layer farther than with most other programs. I have a folder named Ripped Movies. I set DVDFab to save there. When I do the rip, it sends the files to that folder and creates a folder named Full Disc and then the folder for the movie with the Video_TS. If you don't want to go that extra layer, simply save to the top of the drive, such as C:\. It will create the folder for you it saves the movie files in. Just a little quirk of the program and nothing at all when you get used to it. I haven't time DVDFab Platinum against CloneDVD, but I wouldn't imagine there being much difference in the speeds. YOu can use the trials and check that for yourself, if every second is important.

I don't know about now, I've not paid attention to the speed trials, but InterVideo's DVDCopy used to be about the fastest transcoder available. Now the DVDCopy 6 is from Corel. The companies merged. As far as ease on that one, if you can recognize icons, you can run the program. It's one of the most simple interfaces I've seen.

@cindyh
    If you like the mobile formats and also want a transcoder for DVD and other formats, check out the DVDCopy 6 ZoZoIV has been talking about.

17. TB666

TB666 Member

18. cindyh

cindyh Member

I appreciate the help, but i have been trying since last night to download the trial from Corel for Dvd copy 6 and it wont run, freezes my computer, so I am scrapping it.. i have tried longer to do this than anything in years.. its hard to evaluate a program when you cant even get the trial to work..

19. cindyh

cindyh Member

Can someone here please tell me the advantages/disadvantages to the hd add on for clone dvd.. I love clone dvd, and now have an hd tv, but only an upconverting dvd player for now.. I know when the price comes down i will add one later, but does this copy in HD? I just don't know what all it does and it i need it for the future, if i do i will buy it.. thank in advance, and i am noy trying to make this a commercial for slysoft, i just like their products and i think a lot of it is what you are used to using, familiarity.. thanks guys :)

20. cindyh

cindyh Member

WHAT I MEANT TO ASK ABOVE........ DO i need any dvd AND any dvd hd if I am just now buying? Sorry about that..