1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SlySoft switching over to the Euro soon, prices going up

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by fasfrank, Nov 30, 2007.

1. res2cue

res2cue Guest

true enough garmoon, true enough.

2. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Who knows? There may be some who sing the praises of never buying Slysoft, even at the artificial lows of Christmas. So far, I don't know of any movies I've not been able to do with the freeware. This backup business is so the kid's don't use the original DVD as a frisbee and the dog doesn't use it for a gnaw toy. If there's a wait before the freeware gets a needed update, just put the electric training collar on the kids and spank the dog. ;)

3. dr_ml422

dr_ml422 Regular member

@Pacman

I have a folder named Ripped Movies. I set DVDFab to save there. When I do the rip, it sends the files to that folder and creates a folder named Full Disc and then the folder for the movie with the Video_TS.

Hi pacman. do you set your output directory to the Ripped Movies folder also? or do you just use your Ripped Movie folder as the Target folder?
    If not as the output, what do you set the output to? thnx.

4. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

This thread is about...

...can we keep it on topic please?

5. TB666

TB666 Member

Simply put, in my case, the application doesn't even get past the initialization stage before crashing. After dealing with uninstalling and reinstalling the store-bought copy with no results, I downloaded the version off Corel's website which did the same thing. I've sent e-mail regarding my problem to Corel tech support with no answer (to be fair, it's a holiday week). As I noted, I'm running Windows Vista on a pc with a Intel 2 Core Quad Processor well beyond the specs required to run the software.

As seen here on Corel's own forum, there's plenty of would-be users with all sorts of problems with this software with virtually *no* positive comments from Corel tech support:

http://tinyurl.com/3xkfym

I've previously used older versions of DVD Copy (before Corel bought Intervideo) on non-Vista pcs with almost no problems whatsoever. However, it really seems the newest version needs serious retooling. Read the comments and draw your own conclusions.

T.B.

6. expat83

expat83 Member

Yeah, we covered this after the fact. To compensate the "you schnooz, you lose" players we have granted the 20% "Christmas" discount on the "New Years" orders and all who did not order and then ask about it will get that as well. Up to 9 January we've taken an "Administrative break" and will keep the 20% discount coupon in gear.
    SlySoft wishes everyone a good start in the New Year.

7. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

question, is the 20% discount till the 9th in euros or US dollars?

8. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

TB666
    Like I said, DVDCopy 6 loaded up for me and several others I know personally. So far I've not heard any of them complaining. No idea what's happening, but the program should at least install and open before running into functional problems. I'm running a typical XP SP2 system.

9. expat83

expat83 Member

We can not do anything anymore in USD.

The 20% is in euro.

10. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

The lower cost but effective alternative is DVDFab, 39.99USD for the Gold and for those wanting the mobile formats included 49.99USD for the DVDFab Platinum. That includes the decryption software as done by AnyDVD and the transcoding and conversion as done by CloneDVD 2. For the single price the consumer gets what Slysoft does with 2 programs at an exorbitant cost. At the low DVDIdle prices a person can afford the extras. Now it's wait and see if DVDIdle remains competitive or joins Slysoft in sticking it to the consumers.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2008
  11. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@pacman

Let's face it; everything is going up in price. The dollar is hardly worth the paper it's printed on anymore. It's a wonder that DVD Fab is free at all. If I were in charge of DVD Fab (Fengtao Software), there would be some kind of close equivalence to Slysoft's AnyDVD price. Since they seem to be the only two programs that work in cracking the new movies. A dual monopoly exists-if that's possible-one free, the other not. It will be interesting to see who wins this competition; Free Fab or Not free AnyDVD! LMAO. Easy to laugh since I paid for Any and Clone in the much cheaper era.

12. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Looks like Fengtao and Co. have been giving the consumer a break. I hope they remember when they go to make purchases of retail programs. No one knows what the future holds, but I'd say DVDIdle may do better than slysoft selling more at a lower cost. I got Slysoft way back when, but I wouldn't touch it with a stick at today's prices. But as everyone says, "to each his own". As for the worthless US dollar, people not wanting theirs can send all those worthless things my way. PM for an address. LOL

13. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

pacy, the postage would cost more than the money's worth! LOL

14. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

lets see 20% off anydvd will still make it over 50.00 dollars right guys?

15. TB666

TB666 Member

I'm running Vista. That's the problem. DVD Copy 6 *doesn't* run well or at all on Windows Vista. I don't entirely blame Corel/Intervideo for this problem as a *lot* of software, some from major companies does not run on Vista. However, Corels' complete lack of support coupled with the interesting fact that DVD Copy version 1 *does* run on Vista reflects badly on Corel.

T.B.

16. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

$49.00 US raised by 40% (or more) and then given 20% off. Yep, that's well over $50 US. LOL

Don't worry, gather up several pounds of various denominations and I'll send you 100 pesos to cover it. ;)

Have you tried XP in the Windows Compatibility mode for the program?

17. cindyh

cindyh Member

Despite all the bad things i am reading, I am GLAD to say I bought the slysoft programs i love BEFORE the price change, and first off you had the bundle discount of about 30 percent, then the christmas discount of an extra 20 percent..
    I think the people that wanted it probably got it, and hope everyone found out in time. I think slysoft is great with updating their software and helping people. Everyone has their own opinion though.

18. iluvendo

iluvendo Active member

As a die hard dvdfabhddecrypter fan as I am, I too went out and got Anydvd before the price increase.

19. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Must be a new romance, if you bought using the Christmas disount. Or did you get your Slysoft back before the pricing started creeping up about as often as each update?

I don't remember anyone saying anything particularly bad about Slysoft's software. It's pretty good programing and they do get the updates within a decent period. I think the only real complaint is an exorbitant price hike. No one should mind a change in the currency of exchange. That's dealt with by exchange rates anyway. I can see a cost increase due to raising costs of doing business. What I don't see is an overnight jump of 40% for any product. As has been pointed out, it is the seller's prerogative to raise the price and the consumer's to pay or not pay the purchase price. Though I only use the software occasionally nowadays, I'm glad I got it back when the prices were reasonable. Since the market is saturated with Slysoft products, I guess they have to get more for each sale now. ;)

20. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@pacman

You hit the nail on the head-Saturation