1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Small Problem Burning With Nero6

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by LiLkiLa, Dec 15, 2003.

1. LiLkiLa

LiLkiLa Member

I've been burning my movies with Nero6 and when I add a label to it, it always cuts it off. For example I labeled it "MATRIX_RELOADED_DISC1" but after I burn it and pop it in the drive it shows "MATRIX_RELOADED_" I was wondering if theres something I can do still using Nero so it doesn't cut it off. Is there a guide on how to burn a dvd with Nero so I know I'm using all the right settings or is it just default? Also, what are other popular programs for burning a backup of a dvd?

2. baabaa

baabaa Active member

I never use Nero now, but it maybe that the ISO level burned at is set to only accept 16 characters........

I don't know how to alter this but there should be a setting available to alter this....

I know on Version 5 there was a setting to alter.....have a look at http://www.chrismccann.co.uk/nero.htm

This was for Version 5, so I would assume Version 6 is different, but maybe there is some similarity.......but I would still reckon it being the ISO level set.......

3. LiLkiLa

LiLkiLa Member

thanks for replying. i tried setting it to iso level 2 but it still doesn't work. im thinking about switching to a new program to burn dvd's. what are other popular programs that people use besides nero6 to burn their dvd's?

4. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Recordnowmax or Recordnow DX will do it hands down........

But is it worth while changing just to get the full 'label' on.....you could try shortening it......

However with Recordnow you can get:

UDF with Joliet - upto 106 in length, any char plus Joliet, plus 8+3 tree(bridge)

or

UDF upto 128 in filename length, any char, plus 8+3 tree(bridge)

I use the 106 one...........

Have a look at http://www.orlogix.com for a trial download.......

Hope this helps......

5. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

its ISO19960 and JOLIET restrictions! just shorten the title!

Thx...