1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Small Upgrade

Discussion in 'Building a new PC' started by aaronx, Jan 7, 2012.

1. aaronx

aaronx Member

Hey guys =)

Ok, I'm sick of my GA-G41M-ES2l Motherboard as its FSB hits a wall around 340Mhz, and I have an e8400 capable of hitting at least 3.7Ghz...

I currently have an 6950-1GB, 500W OCZ PSU, 4GB DDR2 800Mhz ram and, yeah the e8400.

Anyway, I cant really afford a major upgrade, I know the e8400 is a slight bottleneck to the 6950, but if I can get a new motherboard to overclock it, that would be awesome!

So yeah, any ideas on a particular board? The cheaper the better, really, if there was a good $70-$80 motherboard out there, that would be awesome!

Edit: I might consider upgrading to DDR3..... Just not an i Series CPU as I really don't need one yet =P

Last edited: Jan 7, 2012
  2. Estuansis

Estuansis Active member

Sorry to say it, but good LGA775 boards are pretty much extinct. Sure there are plenty out there but not really anything different from the board you have now. Anything actually good for OCing is likely to be eBay only and quite expensive.

At the time though, the GA-P35-DS3L would have suited your purposes perfectly. If you can find one for retail... I got mine some 3 years ago now for about $90 at the time.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2012