1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Smart Ripper keeps freezing

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by sirius60, Oct 6, 2004.

1. sirius60

sirius60 Member

Hi Folks

This is my first time on the site so hope i'm doing the right thing...... :)
    I have been using Smart Ripper and DVDone to back up my dvd's and everything worked fine.
    I bought a couple of new dvd's and when i tried to back them up Smart Ripper just froze. On the first one i tried it consistantly froze at 30% on the second one i tried it froze at 4%.
    Don't know what i've done to make it stop working any ideas how i can find out would be very much appreciated......
    tia sirius

2. john179

john179 Active member

I use smartripper alot myself it's my faviourate ripper.Sometimes it gets stuck because either the disc is dirty or damaged.I normally clean and then try again if this fails.I would try another ripper normally Dvd Decrypter if this does not work either i would normally put it down to a damaged disc.This is providing you are sure your software is all installed correctly.

3. sirius60

sirius60 Member

Thanks for that john is dvd decryper easy to use as i'm new to this.... :)
    Are you a manc too or just a supporter of the football club?

4. john179

john179 Active member

Yes it is really easy to use and simular to smartripper.Just click on the Dvd Decrypter here where under lined if you have not already done and download.If truth be known it is probably a better ripper i just like to use smartripper as it was one of the first i ever used.

5. sirius60

sirius60 Member

Thanx again for that john... I have just tried another dvd that i have backed up before using smart ripper and its over 80% done with no problems so i think you were probably right when you said it was an issue with the discs.
    I recently tried to find out about a problem i had Ulead Movie Maker and when i searched i notice it is a program you have used too. The kids downloaded a movie which was an avi someone gave me Movie Maker to convert it to dvd but right at the very end it said there wasn't enough disc space. Have you experience anything like this and do you know a way around it.
    Thanks for all you help it is very much appreciated.
    :)

6. john179

john179 Active member

Normally ulead will tell you how much space is available on your drive as to what you will need.Ulead error reporting is pretty poor although the programe is good.I have had this happen to me a few times.It's normally something to do with the media file your using.

What i normally do is use something like winavi to convert to mpeg then put it through unlead to covert to dvd.The thing i like about unlead is the creating menus when converting to dvd.You can use anyhting for a back ground like a clip from the movie or a picture.Music is also easy to add to the menus and its all good fun to mess around with.

7. sirius60

sirius60 Member

Thanks for all the help John, I think this might become my new computer hobbie. I've just been reading about putting videos onto to DVD so when i understand it all a bit more that can be one of my projects.
    Again thanks for the help.
    Sirius :)

8. john179

john179 Active member

No probs mate always glad to help.Hope your all sorted now.