1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SmartXX 1.6 Solderless Vs Ice Solderless

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by kertesz, Mar 13, 2005.

1. kertesz

kertesz Guest

Is the smartXX a good chip in general, who cares about the solderless part. I have a xbox 1.6 so it looked pretty good because its only for the 1.6 xboxes. Any one have any truble with smartxx in the past? What about the E- ice Is that chip any good ppl have any probems?

-tell me everything good and bad about both these chip
    -Im getting my chip in about two months you guys heard of any new one comming out in the future?

2. Macdawgg

Macdawgg Regular member

The SmartXX is a "VERY" good chip as is the Xenium and the Xecuter 3 CE. It all boils down to want you want to do-If you want a chip that doens't have lot of bells and whistles-Go for the SmartXX you can get the basic for $29.00 plus shipping.

3. kertesz

kertesz Guest

all i want is like a cool looking dashboard, play burned games that i downloaded off the net, Play dvds... Umm thats about all

4. Macdawgg

Macdawgg Regular member

Then go with the SmartXX you won't be sorry

5. kertesz

kertesz Guest

i have the cyrstal xbox is that 1.6?

6. elusiv1

elusiv1 Regular member

The Smartxx LT OPX is a hell of a chip for 30 bucks!! It has it's own operating sytem, you can flash via ftp,http, and cd. It's alot like the Xenium Ice with it's software controlled bios bank selector...no dip switches.

7. tipotip

tipotip Member

I have a Xenium ice.
    Very happy with it. Has great features and super support. Also comes with some fun accessories

It has its own OS and is updated regularly with new features

8. kertesz

kertesz Guest

can i turn the smart off? so i can go on live?