1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

smc.exe or something...need help remembering

Discussion in 'Windows - Virus and spyware problems' started by truno, Jul 15, 2007.

1. truno

truno Member

ok there is a windows command that lets you view all the processes on your pc and lets you toggle whether or not they run on start up or if you have to activate them or if they even run at all. its like smc.cmd or msc.exe or something like that. i can't for the life of me remember the exact command name. if anyone knows what i am talking about please drop me a line. its a list of processes and on the right it gives a brief description of what each dose. thats really all i can remember.

2. bluecoal

bluecoal Guest

Does

Start, run, msconfig

get what you are looking for?

3. truno

truno Member

no msconfig is not it. it's like msc.cmd or something like that. you hit start run then i have to do the smc.exe thing

4. bluecoal

bluecoal Guest

Well, the startup tab in msconfig does something like you are talking about.

If you are running XP and are talking about services, you could also try
    right click my computer
    manage
    services and applications
    services
    and then you see a list of services which you can work with.

Hope this helps.
    regards.
    bc

5. truno

truno Member

yes, bluecoal, thats awesome. it is what i was talking about but there is a way to start that from the run menu, but hey this works too. thanks man.