1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

smokers thread

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by philipman, Apr 2, 2005.

1. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

I'm 52 and I started smoking pot before I started smoking cigs wayyyyyyyy back in 1970!! it took me 22 years to finally stop it all together! I now have shortness of breath when I try to run a mile! I stopped many times over the 22 yrs of smoking and I wished that I had never started! Smoking is neither cool or smart. It's like a junkie needing his drug!!! I hope all of you who do smoke have the ability to stop before it's too late! G-d bless ya all!

2. sui-cyco

sui-cyco Regular member

well just when i think im out the cigarettes pull me back in.so this attempt to quit didnt work.im back smoking again.but its not as bad as before.when stress hits so does the urge.

3. philipman

philipman Regular member

I quite but I still want them now and then. very hard to give up

4. xboxdevil

xboxdevil Guest

smoking keeps me sain smoking pot makes me go insain.

5. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

i smoke about a cigar a week. not too bad, i don't think. i'm not addicted, really, but i do love the flavor.

*edit*
    scratch that. i don't smoke at all. but that's how i *had* smoked* :p

Last edited: Dec 5, 2006
  6. catfreak

catfreak Active member

Sooo . . . do you smoke or not?? You dug up a thread that's been dead gor nearly one year to post that you do smoke one cigar a week . . but not really ???

You must be really bored!!

Victor

7. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

pretty much. i was thinking about how much i missed my cigars...but i promised to quit, so i have. :)

8. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

I quit smoking.

9. zippyd

zippyd Active member

me too.... 8 days ago.... so far it hasn't been too bad. There are certain times of the day that are worse than others... like resisting the urge to choke the living sh!t out of the woman....wait a minute. That's 24hrs a day lol

10. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

@zippyd.......you sound like a serial killer! I guess that's what happens when you stop smoking! I stopped countless of times only to go back.... in my 22 yrs of smoking I smoked everything except for crack and other drugs... pot yes ... but harsher drugs, NO! thank G-d for that. finally ..... 10yrs ago this month (Dec., 1996) I stopped for good using the patch.... and today there are no urges to go back. I don't hang with people that do smoke and I there isn't a trace of nicotine n my system!! Now if I can only get rid of the caffine!!!! I love my coffee!

11. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

Nice one Neph! Well done! :) *Pat on the back* :p

-Mike

12. Estuansis

Estuansis Active member

I started smoking two years ago when I was 14. I've cut down from nearly half a pack a day to a pack a week. Like 3 or 4 a day. I'm working on quitting before it ruins me. Been steadily cutting down and I've set a goal to stop completely by my birthday in March.

13. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

@Estuansis.... do it now. don't wait. I started smoking when I was 19. I was a jock in school. I stopped off and on till I was 43yrs old, that's 24yrs smoking and about 3yrs in there stopping! I now have shortness of breath and I quit 10yrs ago on Dec 17th!!! this is my 10th year anniversary! Stop now!

14. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@estuansis ... Ihoe is right, quite now. You don't smoke much so the withdrawls shouldn't be aweful and you're still just a kid so you probably haven't done all that much damage yet.

@IHoe...I don't remember how old I was sixteen years old maybe? I remember pulling them out and lighting up in front of my mom because I was pissed at her. Damn, showed her, didn't I?? LOL!

I quit in June and its now seven months without a cigarette. Like most, I've tried quitting a hundred times in the past but for some strange reason, it was (relatively) easy this time. Maybe I had more resolve this go-round; certainly was no less addicted! I smoked 2 and a half to three and a half packs a day for decades so where I noticed the difference first was in my checking account; it made a huge difference.

@ZippyD ... keep up the good work guy!

15. NicHt

NicHt Regular member

Anything But Lucky Strike. [Lucky Strike, Providing The most bitter tasting, expensive kick in the back side near you!]
    Smoking is bad, but in germany it is Bloody hard to stop there are vending machines everywhere for cigarettes, as well as them only costing 3 euroes. However i am in wisconsin now. :(

16. ashroy01

ashroy01 Regular member

(I might as well add my two cents)

I think cigarettes are horrible. There's too many chemicals involved.

I'd rather get a tin of those nice little cigars and smoke them when I'm in the mood for tobacco. (You don't inhale them; just puff.) Smoking messes with your mind and it burns the little hairs in your throat that are there to catch little particles and stuff from entering your lungs. So your lungs get exposed, plus if you smoke regularly your lungs start to build a nice layer of tar.

I'm starting to drink coffee now. It gives a nice stimulating effect, but it's not addictive. At least nothing like cigarettes are. And it's way more socially acceptable. And I don't have to smell like smoke.

I'm almost a year and a half quit by the way. I've bought 3 packs of cigarettes since I quit. Each time it throws a wrench in my life.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2006
  17. svtstang

svtstang Regular member

Turkish Golds ftw!

We all know cigarettes are terrible, thats pretty obvious. Here is CA they are trying to pass some lame law that will add around $2.50 in tax to each pack, that might be what i need to kick the habit.

BUT, nothing goes better with a drink then a smoke :D

18. Estuansis

Estuansis Active member

I've noticed some shortness of breath and hopefully soon I'll quit. My parents have already said they'd stop buying them for me on march 1st per my request. I'm trying to cut down to nothing before then so I don't have to go absolutely cold turkey.

Now I have a different addiction that is part physical and part mental. Dads Old Fashioned Root Beer. It's the BEST soda ever made but I have to limit myself to one bottle per week or I have bathroom troubles. Way less harmful than Newport 100's hopefully.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2006
  19. svtstang

svtstang Regular member

In a previous post you said you were 14 when you started and that was 2 years ago.....your parents buy you smokes at the age of 16????? Am i missing something here???

20. Estuansis

Estuansis Active member

No, you aren't missing anything.