1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

smokers thread

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by philipman, Apr 2, 2005.

1. goodswipe

goodswipe Guest

Ugh yea, marijuana laws do more harm then the drug does. Ever since Jimmy Carter left office, there has been no hope for us. Ron Paul had something going for him, had a vote of like 46 to 67 (not sure on actual numbers) or something on decriminalizing it. A lot of votes from Republicans amazingly. So that definitely is a huge step!

I think fast food is worse for people then marijuana. How bout we piss off a bunch of people and ban that shit! If you are going to dictate how I live my life, just ban it all - only makes sense right?

It all started as a way to control the Mexicans that were coming to America to look for work. We didn't like there ways and definitely didn't like that stuff they were smoking. The government wanted us to believe that it gave them super powers and they killed people after smoking. How stupid is that? So the government continues to ban this herb over those reasons.

Can anyone say The Marijuana Tax Act of 1937? All because of that some of you poor saps will never get a college loan or accepted for that matter...

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2008
  2. Estuansis

Estuansis Active member

You ever see 'Super Size Me'? That guy ate nothing but McDonalds for a month. He got really sick near the end and the doctors said he could easily have killed himself with a heart attack.

I smoke weed maybe 2-3 times a week for a few years? I've lost 50lbs and gained a better outlook on life :D

Sure, the munchies are killer sometimes. But I just grab a few cookies or sometimes nothing at all. I've conditioned myself to live on less food. When I joined this site in January 06' I was 310lbs. I was fat and I had little to no self respect. Now after smoking pot and cigarettes for a few years, I have dropped to ~260lbs. Seems cigarettes curb your appetite. I also noticed vastly improved hygiene. Probably due to actually giving a rat's ass about my own appearance now. At 6'3" I'm still not skinny like a stick, but people don't call me fat anymore either :p

Not saying pot and cigarettes are necessarily good for you... but compared to other harmful things(i.e. my being fat) they are a far lesser evil. But it is kind of frustrating to be a stoner in a society that views Marijuana as a harmful drug when it's the exact opposite.

If I ever strike it rich, I'm going to Amsterdam and I'm gonna live there. Pot there is generally well priced and is openly accepted :)

3. goodswipe

goodswipe Guest

Oh yea man, that shit grossed me out. Dude was vomiting at like the second week of eating that shit. I mean, constantly eating food that has no nutritional value what so ever, is definitely not good for you - LOL!

Amen brother! What makes me even more pissed is just how blind these morons are. The facts have been published over and over and over, that marijuana is not bad for you. Yes, the smoke can be bad, but there are ways to even eliminate that variable. All you retain is the THC, no smoke. And these people are leading our country and passing laws! It's not right.

Ever seen the documentary Grass? If not, I highly recommend it to anyone that knows nothing about marijuana and why the laws are even in place. Even if you could care less about marijuana, at least watch it to see how stupid the government is and how stupid they think YOU AND I ARE!

FYI, the government has spent over 300 billion dollars in the last several years fighting this herb. Is that how you want your tax dollars wasted? I'd rather that money go towards something better like our kids college funds or a cure for cancer.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0214730/

Don't have the money to buy it? Look it up on youtube, there should be a series of them on there.

A little comment about the movie:

Been there done that. It's awesome man, you really need to visit. Guys tried to give me some bonk stuff at one of those coffee shops. I'm like, "Man, I'm from Texas, I know what this is.. dirt weed man!", Straight from the border son! Anyways, Euorpeans hate us, so I can understand.

**update**

Went to see Tommy Chong and his wife at the comedy club here in my town. Show was awesome man, that guy is funny as hell!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2008
  4. Estuansis

Estuansis Active member

I hope I can someday! Right now it's just something to save for. Plane tickets, hotel room, food, amazing pot, maybe a few momentos of the occasion :p It'll cost money, and honestly, money is pretty tight here. Maybe when I'm older and have a place of my own. Then I can take my two weeks vacation time from work and make the trip worthwhile :)

I hope I don't meet any pricks there during my stay. I have a friend who went, and he said that people were generally pretty nice. I'm looking forward to walking up to a counter in a coffee shop, handing the guy a 20 Euro bill, and walking away with my 1/8th or however much. It'll be cool :D

5. goodswipe

goodswipe Guest

Yea, when I went it was a few years ago. Things were a bit cheaper and money wasn't tight.

6. Deadrum33

Deadrum33 Active member

It was. 20 varieties in a display case built into the counter. Spliffs with tobacco or hash already rolled by the cash register. Pipes and papers in a vending machine next to the candy and munchies...I hear its been getting stricter in the 4 years sinces I've been, but not sure the actual level being I live in the states.

7. hack4life

hack4life Regular member

smoking sucks!!! how could you do that stuff knowing that ur rotting ur body from the inside out? im disgusted just posting a post in this thread!!! i know its hard to quit because of the nicotine. for once in ur life don't change the channel when u see a commercial about helping people quit smoking, it could help save ur life. i lost all 4 of my grandparents and 1 uncle from smoking. **tear in eye** every time u smoke, u increase the risk of getting lung cancer by 10 percent!! by the time u have smoked a pack, ur pretty much guaranteed to get some form of cancer. smoking should be illegal. and people under 18 just get a fake ID, or get it from people over 18. have fun rotting ur body's to the cores losers!!!!!!!!!! thank goodness i did not smoke. besides half the people that DO smoke have a 70% chance that they will do some kind of illegal drug, thus screwing up their life even more!!! have fun morons!!!! sorry if this offends people. im just sick and tired of people smoking, its really stupid and dangerous!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Jun 3, 2008
  8. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

Guess what...people know the danger. If they want to smoke, you should have no say in it. If smoking is a person's only vice, that person is an angel. Kindly GTFO.

9. engage16

engage16 Regular member

I smoke and drink... Nothing else... Not saying I haven't done drugs in my past (a few pills nothing that bad) but its my choice, just like your choice is not to smoke...

10. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

Blow it out you a** dude. I smoked for 38 years, before I quit, and I didn't do drugs.

May some second hand smoke......

11. hack4life

hack4life Regular member

in case u did not read, i said 70 percent of people who smoke end up doing illegal drugs. next time read EVERYTHING. it might help...

12. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

Dude, how old are you? Ever been in reality? 70% of PEOPLEdo illegal drugs at some point, if not more. That's like calling pot a gateway drug...it really isn't true.

*edit*
    And your numbers are bullshit. So if I've had 10 cigarettes, I'm guaranteed to get some form of cancer because of it? Pure bullshit. Live long enough, and you're guaranteed some form of cancer. That's just the way it is. Do you put on sunglasses, sunscreen, and long clothes every time you go out? Do you drink 1.5 gallons of water a day minimum? Do you wear a HEPA filter mask 24/7. Do you test your water supply weekly and drink only triple-filtred, distilled water? Then guess what: you're not doing all you can to prevent yourself from getting cancer.

Without tobacco, the United States would have never been a British colony, much less an entity of it's own. Self-destruction is a personal choice and should not be regulated by any means. People with radical ideas like yours help to erode our rights daily, slowly making us a monotonous, brain-dead society that puts the responsibility on the government to raise our children, control our diets, and regulate our own damned thoughts. What happened to the ability to make your own decisions? You know...being an adult? We're becoming a world of goddamned children because of naive, inaccurate shit like that.

13. tripplite

tripplite Guest

ohhh am sorry we dont have our Italian villas to escape to when were stressed....or country clubs to spend our weekends in......our getaway is 5.50$ a pack.....not 550$ a ticket:p

you've been deliciously brainwashed by your programs at school and on the TV, cigarette company's/smokers are no more evil then the average man:p

I strongly advise YOU NOT TO SMOKE, you need every braincell you can get:)

btw i dont smoke anymore....but i should get a voice for being a Xsmoker right???

-tripplite
    paso a paso

14. metave

metave Member

I have a friend who smokes. His habit has only come up twice in conversation:

(1) "You know those things are bad for you." "I know; I'll quit eventually."

and (2) "Could you stand downwind from me when you do that?" "Sure"

All in all, if people want to kill themselves in an expensive and drawn-out manner, I don't care. If you're going to blow secondhand smoke into my face while doing it, I reserve all rights to punch you in the diaphragm, and watch you wheeze in agony.

Society would be better if people didn't smoke now. Obviously, tobacco was a booster rocket to our society (through the economy) before we knew about its health hazards. Now, though, it's fuel has run out, it's just weighing us down. I don't do anything on an interpersonal level, but I'm glad that the government is taking steps to limit its use (higher taxes, banning in public places), and that it's not being forceful and immediate, which leads to organized crime (remember prohibition). If, theoretically, everyone lost the urge / addiction to using tobacco tomorrow, the money would go elsewhere in the economy, and more businesses would have more jobs to give to the people who lost theirs at the tobacco plant. If this changed suddenly, of course, there would be spike in unemployment, which is why, again, I applaud the government's efforts to limit its use.

The people who say, "We should ban food, because obesity kills people" should realize that if I eat 50 Whoppers every day, I'm not directly affecting your health. Secondhand smoke presents a risk, however small, and can remain in the air for a long time afterwards (granted, the effects of it diminish through dispersal), which is more noticeable indoors.

15. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

I really don't think so. I smoked socially for about 2 years and it allowed me to meet several people and set up some great social ties. Social smoking, drinking, etc etc all provide a bonding outlet; when smoking is occasional, risk is minimized and pleasure is maximized.

Not at all. The taxes on tobacco provide a huge amount of funds to our government to runs health programs, schools, etc etc.

I'm in favor of higher taxes; tobacco is an excellent item to be taxed in that it is not necessary for survival, being purely a luxury item. However, my opinion is that banning in public places is pure bull. In my college town, you can no longer smoke in bowling alleys, pool halls, or even bars. That is sickening. Such a rule should be left up to the proprietor of the establishment, perhaps with a sign on the door saying "smoking is allowed inside," much the way we have signs now prohibiting concealed weapons in private businesses, instead of taking away yet another right. There have always been equivalent establishments that didn't allow smoking: if you don't like tobacco, go there.

Elsewhere, yes, but you can't guarantee where. It does more good going to taxes than it does going to alcohol or illegal substances that render a user in a state of mind where the user may hurt someone else. Tobacco at least leaves you sober.

It doesn't work that way. People working in the tobacco factories often *can't* get a job anywhere else. Our economy is hurting right now in a great part due to shipping all our good factory/manufacturing jobs overseas, leaving a void here where people that would have been making decent money otherwise while working hard and honestly now have to take lesser paying jobs or struggle to go back to school (which they left because it wasn't for them to start with) and find some other job with bloated employment requirements for menial tasks.
    Yes...let's just keep making it worse because of misplaced idealism. -_-

Yes you are. Your increased methane output assists in global warming. You also require a bigger vehicle that burns more gas to transport yourself. Being fat makes you more inclined to take the elevator, turn the thermostat down in summer, buy more food, and participate in other wasteful activities that drive the prices on goods up for me and drain energy supplies that are otherwise left in reserve.

That's why smoking outside should always be allowed, and smoking sections in buildings where there are non-smoking sections should be walled off. I'm all in favor of that. But telling someone "you can't hurt yourself, even if you enjoy it," because you have a distorted view of the overall situation is silly and unproductive. Oh yeah, and it helps eat away our rights as free American citizens. -_-

Last edited: Jun 4, 2008
  16. engage16

engage16 Regular member

Obviously you don't hang around of smokers that often... Because if you had then you would have noticed than we don't blow the smoke in your face, we blow it up in the air or behind us or stay far enough away as to not affect you as badly...

17. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

This is obviously a pro-smoking thread. Coming here and telling us smoking is bad is nothing but annoying banter and off-topic. If you want to hate on smoking, go start another thread...

...But wait! Everything to be said is worth one post, and that's all. So there's really no point!

In other news, I don't smoke anymore but I sure do miss it. Probably will still do it socially here and there. Anybody ever have anything by 555? They were the old Subaru sponsors and it would be cool to keep a pack with my car's heritage in mind.

18. metave

metave Member

Well, I'm not going to play the devil's advocate in this topic, then.

Auslander: I think you're wrong on a few of those points that you gave me, but I also respect your opinion enough not to nitpick.

Engage: I was joking... sort of. If someone near me is smoking and doesn't have the courtesy to stand downwind, I'll ask them to move. I'm not violent, I swear!

19. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

Hope you're able to forgive my gruffness. I was raised with a big emphasis on personal responsibility, based on the idea that a person should not be allowed to dictate what other people choose to do to themselves, given others aren't harmed or are willing participants. Please, though, if you have counterpoints then make them. Every opponent helps me to refine my ideas and further find truth.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2008
  20. svtstang

svtstang Regular member

Not a huge smoker, but when I drink I have a terrible smoking habit. And in my experiences I agree with engage, most of my friends that smoke make an effort to not blow smoke in the direction of others. But I also agree metave, blowing smoke in my face (intentionally) = instant pass to punch you where I see fit.