1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

smokers thread

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by philipman, Apr 2, 2005.

1. goodswipe

goodswipe Guest

Yea, you can probably get about 1 to 2 cartons worth of cigs for about 20 bucks at a tobacco shop. Also pick up one of those cig packers and it saves you from the hassle of rolling your own.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2008
  2. goodswipe

goodswipe Guest

3. tripplite

tripplite Guest

half the fun of smoking is the bad-ass factor.....so wheres the fun in it if its legal?

4. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

Somehow, I missed this one until now. Man, it's not a cigarette thing, it's a stupid youth thing. [bold]MOST[/bold] kids, by vast and far, try illegal drugs while growing up, as well as smoking tobacco and drinking alcohol while underaged. They think it's cool, they think they need it for fun, they get roped in without looking at the bigger picture, they don't think it's serious, etc etc. They end up like that because their parents allow it and society paints it as cool and rebellious. Saying that it is caused by cigarettes or that cigarettes help lead to it is, once more, ignorant and lacking logic.

5. Estuansis

Estuansis Active member

I smoke weed to ease my stress. Legal or illegal, I will always smoke weed for it's qualities and not its social acceptance. I don't even care that it's illegal. I'm just careful with it.

6. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

While I don't approve of using marijuana, I will never say that anyone should not...my big speech here has been about personal liberty. But nevertheless, I wasn't aiming at weed, Estuansis...more along the lines of drugs like ecstasy or the other fun little pills you can get that really do nothing but mess you up.

7. goodswipe

goodswipe Guest

Bad ass factor? See, you are just the person Aus is talking about. Real smokers don't smoke pot to be cool, they smoke it because it eases daily stress that they go through. I love to rip the bong or the volcano for a nice night cap - makes going to sleep much easier. Did you even bother to read the article trippy? The fun in it is that you only pay 5 dollars for a "stamp" which gets you an 8th of an ounce (3.5 grams). Each additional 8th is another 5 dollars. Here in my state, an 8th goes anywhere from 40-60 bucks on the street - cheaper if you know the grower.

It's 50 dollars for a license to grow one plant. Not too sure how they plan on doing this, because there are male and female plants and you don't know the sex until a certain cycle of the plants life. Maybe they will allow people to also purchase clones? Anyways, depending on what strain you grow and your setup, you are looking at about 300 dollars to grow a plant. Again, depending on what strain you have and the growing conditions, plays a roll in what you will yield. So if you got a decent setup and a nice strain, one could easily yield 4 ounces (112 grams) of high grade pot. So you do the math and tell me what's so fun about this.

These guys are totally right here, if someone wants to smoke pot, the government should not be allowed to dictate whether or not they can. Marijuana should be in the same class as cigarettes and alcohol. The only reason it's not is because of politicians old ways of thinking and all the RX companies that have them in their pockets. Pot gets a bad wrap because of all the years of brainwashing the government has tried to use on us through the media - IHoe is a prime example of that! All these marijuana laws that are in place do more harm then the drug itself!

**update**

Spelling....

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2008
  8. Estuansis

Estuansis Active member

Been there, done that. Didn't like it. I can agree with you :)

9. corn

corn Guest

You don't smoke maryjane to look cool in fron of kids, you just do it to relax,or to feel baked while you listen to some music. Whats the point of buying weed just to look cool? Lame. Spend your money somewhere else.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2008
  10. Estuansis

Estuansis Active member

I love listening to music when I'm baked. Somehow it just seems more real, and you can really notice little details that would otherwise just be part of the noise.

I'm glad they're gonna try to legalize marijuana in California. That means other states will soon follow suit. It's a big issue here in Wisconsin. Last I heard, they're still working out the particulars in a lot of states before they try to pass any bills. I think it's already been perfectly legal in Alaska for years now.

Marijuana is not only less harmful than cigarettes, it's actually good for you in a lot of ways. I smoke weed 2-3 times a week and have never noticed any ill effects. And it's not like I don't have any, I just keep it to weekends and Friday nights so it doesn't interfere with my job.

I can admit that being high does affect how I function, but it doesn't incapacitate me like drinking or hardcore drugs. It's like I'm still functional, just slightly loopy and kind of vacant.

11. goodswipe

goodswipe Guest

It's definitely a step in the right direction, but most states in the US still don't even allow it for medicinal use. I would say they would have to allow that before anything else, but who knows.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legality_of_cannabis_by_country

12. engage16

engage16 Regular member

Couple little things... Supposedly they are legalizing having upto an 1/8th on you in November here in Massachusetts (of course I heard that from a complete jackass so I highly doubt that rumor), But of course that does me no good as I get drug tested at work...

And the second thing is the tax increase of 1.25 a pack here in Mass yesterday. Brought a pack of Marbs from 5.62 to 7.09 after all taxes... That's a total increase of 1.47 due to sales tax... And they say its going towards Health Care etc... I doubt it, its going to replace all the money embezzeled in the Big Dig...

To offset the cost of the cig price increase the distributors are sending alot more Buy 1 Get 1 Free cartons, which are then stashed in the back and bought in mass quanities by the employees...

13. goodswipe

goodswipe Guest

Yea, it's like that in lots of states. Like in Colorado, you can have up to an ounce of pot on you, before they decide to take you to jail or give you a ticket. Hopefully all states will follow suite with this ASAP. Like I've said before, these harsh marijuana laws do more harm then the drug itself.

As for cigs, I don't smoke, but damn! Those prices are getting outrageous aren't they? Just imagine if the states would tax pot, how much money they would be racking in combined with the cigarette tax.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2008
  14. Estuansis

Estuansis Active member

It would be nice if up to an ounce were decriminalized. There are way too many people serving jail time just for possession. I myself got a paraphernalia charge last year. I f'd up good. I won't get caught again.

15. NicHt

NicHt Regular member

I received a fine for possession in Wisc. this year, it was alright, I did community service and NA. Didn't stop me, only wise(d) me up to the fact that I shouldn't smoke with stupid people.

16. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

Smoking weed while your about to be a dad in a country where it's still pretty illegal and will easily get you fired from a good job sounds like a bad idea to me.

17. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

Here in the UK, drug-testing is practically non-existent especially in the work place, only companies like Michelin run drug-tests, because in a place where mainly hard labour jobs take place, it's only really in the interest of the safety of you and others around you, to ensure accidents don't happen, and it's a one-off test too, and they are pretty weak tests.

[​IMG]

Saying that, I still agree that it should be decriminalized, to separate it from other hard drugs, I find that young people who use weed then go on to experiment with other drugs because they are under the impression that other drugs are as soft as weed is, and so decriminalizing it, would alienate dealers a bit more. It really is harmless when the two golden rules are exercised, moderation and self-control.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2008
  18. engage16

engage16 Regular member

I work at a Gulf Gas Station and had to take a drug test within 48 hours of being offered the job... Passed no problem as I don't smoke pot but am still subject to the possibility of random drug tests... You'd actually be quite surprised how many jobs out there have drug testings... Home Depot for instance...

19. goodswipe

goodswipe Guest

Well yea, LMFAO! Places like Home Depot require you to carry heavy loads or operate machinery. They don't want some newb stoner getting on a lifting machine and pressing the wrong button and killing someone when 500 pounds of lumber is dropped on someone. Not something I would do, because I am an avid smoker. After smoking for several years, day after day, a lot of things just become normal and makes work or anything else for that matter much more enjoyable.

LOL - moderation? Pot isn't like alcohol man, you can't smoke so much that you would kill someone when you got behind the wheel of a car. If I've ever smoked too much, getting in the car and driving somewhere is the last thing on my mind - LOL! Self control? Pot isn't addicting, why would you need self control?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2008
  20. Estuansis

Estuansis Active member

Put it this way. Those who get really stoned and make the decision to drive still have the chance to crash up. I can drive if I''m just buzzed, but if I'm ripped it's too hard to do. Less about moderation of use and more about common sense. I don't smoke weed and then go places right after.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2008