1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

smokers thread

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by philipman, Apr 2, 2005.

1. squizzle

squizzle Active member

I was born with asthma, bad when I was really young, then got better as I got older (I think it was when I moved out of my mom's smoke-filled house and into my dad's smoke-free house). When I was 12 I started smoking, quit when I was 15. I was smoking a pack a day and at the time I quit I felt like if I didn't quit soon I was going to die. I used to cough up blood and sometimes I would cough so bad I almost puked. So when I would feel like having a smoke, I would say to myself, "If you don't smoke, you're not going to die, and if you do smoke, you probably will." That's how I quit smoking. After I quit I started doing much better.

Cigarrettes really will kill you. I wish they'd make them illegal here in the states, but that'll never happen since this entire country is full of greed and there's way too much money in the tobacco industry.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2005
  2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

American Spirits Perique blend - a truly additive free smoke. After smoking these for some time every other brand of cigarette tastes like formaldehyde. You never realize how nasty all those chemicals taste until you've been away from them.

Having said that I've almost entirely quit smoking starting four months ago. The only time I smoke now is when I'm around my buddies who smoke. I can stay strong around my place but if I'm around it I can't say no so now I have to convince my buddies to quit smoking :)

3. Nephilim

Also I don't think tobacco should be illegal. I'm a big believer in personal freedom - adults should be able to make their own decisions about things like that not the government.

4. squizzle

squizzle Active member

http://quitsmoking.about.com/od/chemicalsinsmoke/a/formaldehyde.htm

Check that out.

5. Nephilim

Lol. No wonder they tasted like formaldehyde!

6. munx

munx Regular member

smoking sucks!
    my 2 cents in

7. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Va Slims Ultra Light menthol - funny thing is I'm a fitness funatic have been for at about 20 years - 1 hour 5 days a week - strenuos cardio - and I eat right. Most people can't believe I smoke. If I felt the effects of smoking when I worked out I'd maybe would have quit by now but eventually it will catch to me. I think I should quit b/4 it does. But it's so damn hard!

8. philipman

philipman Regular member

American Spirits are the bomb! I hate regular brand, unless it is menthol.

9. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

Humboldt County stock is my personal favorite.

10. keras

keras Regular member

Marlboro Medium (box, not soft)

I started smoking so I could quit my nasty chewing gum habit

11. retro78

retro78 Member

He folks in the US,

Tell me, the news in Holland was wrong!!?
    A company in the US prohibits there employees to smoke,even a there own time, tell me this is all a great big Joke. Tell me The US hasn't resorted to legisgation that aproves and supports emotional and physical inslavement of its civilians !
    If this is true what is next?

What a joke.

12. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

Yeah.....Cannibis Sativa.
    A CNS Depressive Halucinogen.

13. BigPantz

BigPantz Regular member

Richmond King Size. the cheapest smoke in the shop. they're about 4 quid a pack of 20. i think thats about $7.50 in the US.. just out of interest, how much do u guys in the states pay for yours, on average? im always interested to find out how much us brits are getting ripped off by, compared to other nations..

14. philipman

philipman Regular member

here in seattle it is about 5.00-6.00 pack, but when I was down in florida I saw kools for about 2.17-3.50 a pack. The cost of living in seattle is just higher I gess.

15. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

Here, in Minnesota, I pay $2.35 a pack for the Doral Menthol Light 100's.

16. philipman

philipman Regular member

Thats great here in seattle and most of the west coast they are very damn $$$ costs like 45.00 If you want to buy a carton of them.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2005
  17. BigPantz

BigPantz Regular member

Phillipman, that aint that damn $$$, it would cost around $75 over here for a 'carton' of cigs (i assume u mean what we call a 'sleeve', a pack of 200 cigarettes, yes?) this is why we are greatful of the many persons who do the 'Fag Run' (i know, i know, u have a different meaning for fag over there) regularly, to bring us cheapies from France, Belgium & the like. God bless them.

18. philipman

philipman Regular member

Thats alot of money, why don't you just buy them from the U.S online. That is the cheapest way that I know of.

19. BigPantz

BigPantz Regular member

u can do that? i didnt know. is it possible to get english brands like embassy or benson & hedges? ive tried some american smokes b4, Camel, Marlboro etc. and no offence, but they actually stink. i mean like, really smell. i dont want my house smelling of camel's poo.. i must admit tho, Kools sound really, well, cool. im up for gettin' me a carton of them..

20. BigPantz

BigPantz Regular member

As im sitting here, coughing my ring up, at the age of 28... its not good you know. ive heard some of you boys talking about 'going to school' and that, u really dont know what lies ahead... ive done the drugs, now all thats left is this.. DVD ripping, smoking & beer. lol. hehehehehehehehe!

Last edited: Apr 5, 2005