1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

smokers thread

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by philipman, Apr 2, 2005.

1. Estuansis

Estuansis Active member

I don't know how long we can keep this up, lol.

Back to a more... user friendly topic. Buying cheap cigs now. Basics. Not bad at all, lol. As long as they aren't Winstons or Salems :p

2. goodswipe

goodswipe Guest

We can keep it up as long as we want. This is the, "smokers thread", not the "smokers thread - cigarettes only", I feel that the government is violating my right and others to smoke pot. It needs to be in the same class as cigarettes and alcohol. I will continue to talk about the joys of smoking pot until I'm banned for some reason or they change the title to cigarette's only. Honestly, how fun is it to just discuss cigarettes?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2008
  3. engage16

engage16 Regular member

I've been buying marb 72's as they've been b1g1 free... yeah they're shorter and annoy the shit outta me but i'll suffer for the cheap pack of marbs...

4. goodswipe

goodswipe Guest

What's the difference in all the cigs? Like you got lights and ultra lights, does that mean they have less nicotine or other less harmful things in them? I knew it was one or the other, but wasn't sure.

5. engage16

engage16 Regular member

lights and ultra lights have less tar and nicotine... that's why it tastes like your sucking air... marb 72's are shorter than a normal king... kinda like 100's are longer than a normal king...

6. goodswipe

goodswipe Guest

Ok, thought so. My Mom smokes American Spirits, you guys like those? I think they are pretty fusking expensive though.

7. Estuansis

Estuansis Active member

American Spirits are really good. But they're like $7.00 a pack when most cigarettes are usually $4.50/$5.00. I just buy as cheap as I can stand. Usually it's Newports, but I don't mind Basics. Sometimes I get Marlboro Reds.

I like a strong cigarette. Newports are pretty much the strongest they make. Some of my friends usually throw up when they smoke Newports. But I'm used to them. I pretty much started smoking on them.

8. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

What do weed smokers do to enjoy themselves when high? Personally I can either be in the mood of watching a movie or TV episode (though I usually space out and stare at the colours in the background and miss half the plot!) Or if it's night time, you can't beat getting out the good headphones and getting some trippy music on. Oh the euphoria! Words cannot begin to describe.

9. corn

corn Guest

Watching a good comedy while you're baked is the thing to do. I just have the worst munchies when I'm watching movies. I also like walking around, as long as I'm just buzzed. I can't stand walking when I'm in that crazy high state. But yeah, movies are good.

10. goodswipe

goodswipe Guest

Eat, watch movies, sleep, workout, go hiking, hit the volcano again, have sex, eat more food, jam out to some music, go shopping, go fishing. The list can go on forever, so I'll just stop there.

What's your favorite strain?

11. Estuansis

Estuansis Active member

Blueberry or Acapulco Gold. Blueberry really smells like blueberries, and Acapulco Gold is really gold :)

Mostly though, weed is just weed.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2008
  12. corn

corn Guest

Gold weed? WTF! I remember smoking this real fruity weed, it wasn't blueberries though. More like cherry's. How do people get there weed to smell like that? Must be one heck of a grow.

13. Estuansis

Estuansis Active member

I don't really know. I don't know if that's natural or just something genetically modified or what. The best varieties are usually the sweetest. So maybe it has something to do with the THC resin in the strain.

And yes, the plant is actually a golden yellow when it matures. It's an excellent smoke and pretty potent. Tastes a bit spicy-sweet and makes awesome blunts. Mind you the kind with half of the tobacco in them. It's too wasteful otherwise.

Acapulco Gold is actually a misnomer. Real Acapulco Gold died out years ago. The stuff I get is a hybrid crossed with Hindu Kush. Very nice but it only comes around a couple times a year.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2008
  14. corn

corn Guest

Oh, well still. Never seen golden weed. We just get nice light green stuff. Occasionally we get some bobby brown through here.

15. goodswipe

goodswipe Guest

All strains smell and taste different due to one chemical - I can't remember the name right now. The differences come about because those are actually features the plant uses to attract bugs that kill things that would eat it. Color and such all comes with what type of strain it is and the plants environment. My next project is something called Blue Buddha - it's a gross between blueberry and some other strain I can't remember.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2008
  16. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

Laughing buddha maybe? :p

I usually get crappy regular homegrown stuff here, though you do get the occasional good strain come through, like AK or white widow or something. There's also the horrible contaminated hash, tastes like mint and smells like sawdust!

Going to Amsterdam on the 20th july, can't wait!

17. corn

corn Guest

Yeah, we get the stuff were like 18 year olds grow it in there closet. I occasionally get some decent herb, its skunky, and it's at the point were it just comes off the stem, you don't gotta sit there forever and peel it off. However, most of the time, we get that extremely dry herb. It takes like 20 minutes to peel 2 nugs, and even then there's still a lot left on the stem. They also have a load of seeds, which means he left them grow too long (I think).

18. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

The dryer the better, it means it's been properly cured. Stuff I get hear is always wet, because the growers rush their yield to get it sold, or because they wash it to make it weigh more. Most commercial growers just don't properly cure it for the weeks and even months that it deserves.

19. corn

corn Guest

Oh, I heard it was good if it was moist (not soaked, but moist), and bad if it's really dry. Hmm. Just wondering, what does a dimebag weigh out were your at? Here it's 1.7g, but I heard that was wrong.

20. Deadrum33

Deadrum33 Active member

I went about 7 years ago, check this place out right off the canal/ redlight district--- http://www.smokey.nl/
    I asked for their most potent strain and gave me Crystal. It had all the green bred out of it and was so crystalline it was damn near see-through.

Sticky and wet are 2 different things LOL! Dried properly (hanging, preferably over wax paper or foil to collect any resin for hashballs) doesnt change the potency much at all. A lot of that comes with how its kept after/amount of handling/leaving it in that same shitty baggie in your pocket LOL. I freeze mine in resealable glass containers to avoid the aging process.

On the topic of the other kind of smoke, after 15 years of regular tobacco smoking I stopped 2 years ago right after my daughter was born. I mentioned that in one of the first pages but say it again to say I find myself really wanting one after a few beers but not normal frequency like a "regular" smoker (drug addict). Sometimes I steal a drag from a friends smoke when they light up and I'm fine for the whole night with just 1 hit of that drug. At least I'm not chronic about it or blowing it in my kids face, just annoying to my buddies...