1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

smokers thread

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by philipman, Apr 2, 2005.

1. goodswipe

goodswipe Guest

No, Blue Buddha, not sure what it's crossed with - look it up. I think the seed bank is called BCBud Depot. It's 70 percent indica and 30 percent sativa, just the way I like it. Short bushy stature, with lengthy internodes. It's suppose to yield 5 ounces per plant, given the proper conditions.

Curing, what can I say, one must properly dry their herb first, that's really where all the taste comes from - kinda like a nice wine. If it dries too fast, then the chlorophyll is stuck in the outer cells, thus leaving you with the hay smell and taste. You need to cure your herb for the final drying process and at this point, you can usually ad an orange peel in the mason jar. But you must be careful, too much moisture will leave you with moldy bud.

Yes it does, if you don't have the proper conditions going, such as heat and humidity, you can damage your bud. The hotter it gets, the more the trichomes/THC are damaged. Also, you can't let your harvest receive any light. Break any of those rules and you got yourself some shitty herb.

2. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

It was just a guess, I thought that blue Buddha was pretty like to be a cross between "blueberry" and "laughing Buddha" maybe not though.

3. Deadrum33

Deadrum33 Active member

Thanks for expanding and further explaining my very point of dried properly

4. goodswipe

goodswipe Guest

No problemo, twas a bit early when I wrote that, my bad.

Maybe so, I'm not sure. I stumbled across it the other night. If I wasn't at work I'd hit up the seedbank, but I got a link if you want it.

5. chwoolgar

chwoolgar Regular member

Smoking keeps me:
    1) From throwing my laptop out of the window.
    2) Alive while the girlfriend is talking crap down the phone
    3) From quitting my job
    4) Drunk lol, I hate drinking without smoking :p

6. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

@chwoolgar

Remove the advertising links in your sig ASAP. A senior member should know better.

7. varnull

varnull Guest

I need to go out today.. 24 hours smoking the contents of my bin are enough for me, though they seem to become "better" nicotine and tar value the deeper I dig. That last one has made my eyes water. looolz

8. Estuansis

Estuansis Active member

I take it you roll your own??? lol

I've been trying that for now. A friend let me borrow his loading machine. I'm still trying to find a decent menthol tobacco, though. So far, American Spirit Menthol seems to be the best choice.

9. NicHt

NicHt Regular member

I have one pack of NewPorts left, I bought a carton for $70! Yeah $70! It's insane, but this is my last, pack (I hope). I'm tryin to quit.

10. goodswipe

goodswipe Guest

Jesus Christ! 70 dollars for a carton of cigs? That's just wild!

11. Estuansis

Estuansis Active member

Yeah, that's crazy. A carton around here is maybe ~$45.

12. engage16

engage16 Regular member

It used to be 55 a carton here in massachusetts, now its 70 here too

13. philipman

philipman Regular member

wow I started this thread like 3 years ago and it's still going lol, that said I don't smoke anymore. When I was in Idaho the other day cigarettes were 23 bucks for a carton

14. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

Congrats on quitting :)

15. NicHt

NicHt Regular member

The point of the Carton is lost lmao! We used to buy cartons because they were cheaper, whats the point is they are more!

16. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@NicHt

Don't for sure know where you are, but her in South Louisana packs are over $4+tax and cartons of same brand are $27+tax = $13 saving+tax. you're getting ripped. Now if you are in Amsterdam, we're talking different smokes. And you probably are ripped! :) LMFAO.

17. NicHt

NicHt Regular member

Cartons have 10 packs, I don't understand your math lmao.

18. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

A carton of cigarettes is $27 (10packs) A single pack is 4$ X10 packs to equal a carton =$40! Still with me? $40-27=$13 saving-taxes have been omitted. This is probably 5th grade math here in US. Cartons are and have always been cheaper anywhere I have been. I no longer smoke but I look at the prices cause my wife continues.

NicHt
    "The point of the Carton is lost lmao! We used to buy cartons because they were cheaper, whats the point is they are more!

Cartons have 10 packs, I don't understand your math lmao."

Ok I get it, you ARE in "Amsterdam LAND".

19. NicHt

NicHt Regular member

Ah. Well you're going on the math that a pack is $4. Which, if you smoke Pall Mall or Lucky Strike, or any other shit on a stick, then you have no problem. But packs around here (Greenbay) are $5. So a $70 carton makes no sense to me, but to someone I'm sure it does lmao. I'm sorry for the confusion, my fault.

20. Estuansis

Estuansis Active member

Ugh, Pall Malls. Not absolutely terrible in that I can handle smoking them. But absolutely terrible in that they do not compare to Newports, Marbs, Camels, or anything else in quality. The tobacco packing is sloppy, the hit is very harsh, and the taste can get annoying. But if they're the only thing around, I'll smoke them.

Currently switching back and forth between Newports, Marlboro Reds, and Basic Menthols. Newports are approx $4.44 a pack here. A carton is pretty equal to 10 packs at $45. I'm mostly taking advantage of the buy 2 get 1 free deals though. Works for me as I don't have to change my brand :)

NicHt

You're in Wisconsin?? I'm in Wisconsin Rapids :p