1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Smoothing out the blockiness when burnt to dvd???

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by Goonerz, Apr 6, 2005.

1. Goonerz

Goonerz Member

Hi, I am burning downloaded a.vi files to DVD for playing in my standalone player, this is not a problem, but when the films are burnt and viewed on a large screen, the quality drops and it goes blocky, (even on a dvd rip download)..I use tmpeg and vsodivx to dvd to convert and decrypter to burn. Is there anyway I can smooth the quality out? When I play a dvd rip file thro my pc windows media its fine, but as soon as u blow the screen up, you lose the quality!

2. squizzle

squizzle Active member

I'd say it's probably the programs you are using. My burner came with Sonic MyDVD, which is used for converting all different types of video files (avi, mpeg, etc) to DVD format. When I use it, I don't notice any decrease in quality. I haven't used any other programs for this purpose, so I don't know if the other proggys out there work the same way.

But I might be completely wrong. Let's just see what other people have to say.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2005