1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So close ... need help please

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by coticon, Feb 1, 2003.

1. coticon

coticon Member

I'm just about there - I can rip a video, demux it into cells, transcode a cell into AVI/AC3 files and edit the product with excellent results. My problem comes when I try to remux it - here is where I need help.

With the newly edited M2V and AC3 I can get:

1. GOOD VOB and CELL ID, GOOD VIDEO, BUT NO AUDIO WITH VOBEDIT. When I remux the M2V and AC3 files using VOBEdit, only the edited M2V video remuxes ... the AC3 audio does not - leaving me with the original unedited sound track. Question: How can I remux BOTH the AC3 audio and the M2V Video using VOBEdit?

Note: Using IFOEdit to remux fails because it gives me a "NAV PAK Missing error" at the VOB cell level.

2. GOOD VIDEO, GOOD AUDIO, INCORRECT VOB and CELL ID WITH SPRUCEUP - for the next alternative I ued Spruceup to convert the M2V and AC3 into a VOB and then replaced the old cell with this one. The problem with this method is that the VOB ID and CELL ID created using Spruceup is 1/1 rather that the correct 3/9. Question: How can I edit/change the VOB and Cell ID's in all of the Nav packs for this cell to their correct values without having to manually change these values in each of the dozens of nav packs in the VOB cell manually?

3. INCORRECT PLAYING ORDER - Because with the above approach, when I rejoin the cells into a single VOB with VOBEdit and then use IFOEdit to create the IFO Files, IFOEDIT places the 1/1 cell first in playing order even though it is well into the movie. Question: How can I edit the IFO file to move the pointer for 1/1 file to its correct position on the play list?

4. Is there another approach that I can use to remux both the edited AUDIO and VIDEO and preserve the correct playing order?

Thanks in advance,
    Ken

2. coticon

coticon Member

Addendum to the above message - after 3 weeks of research and work, I finally have documented a working procedure that allows me to edit any small part of a DVD - leaving the rest untouched, with little or no degradation to the edited portions. I can edit down to the exact frames and segments - and then can reattach the edited portion back into the original product.

The procedure is lengthy (about 8 pages) but it does produce a superior edited product.

If you are interested please E-Mail me and I'll send you the method - if enough people would like it, I will post it.

Regards,
    Ken