1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So, how compatible is 352x480/576 (CVD) and 48KHz audio?

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by DualRecto, Sep 22, 2004.

1. DualRecto

DualRecto Member

So, how compatible is 352x480/576 (CVD) and 48KHz audio compared to standard SVCD specs which is 480x480/576 and 44.1 KHz sampling rate?

I'm asking for compatibility to DVD/SVCD players out there btw...

Last edited: Sep 22, 2004
  2. Mick69

Mick69 Guest

most dvd players that are able to playback svcd discs are able to playback cvd discs, i know my dvdplayer can handle cvd.

EDIT:. you should of read the glossary ;) http://www.afterdawn.com/glossary/terms/cvd.cfm
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]
    SNOOCH TO THE MUTHA fusking NOOCH!!! -Jay-[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2004
  3. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

That doesn't sound like CVD to me because I think CVD uses 44.1kHz audio. It sounds like a half D1 DVD file, and that's how I'd author it.

4. shiroh

shiroh Guest

i know my player can handle most of the video i encode, which is non standard. 720x480. 3:2 pulldown.
    custom matrix, and long GOPs, for less I frames...and other reasons

my player is a brand name WEIGE, i believe some brand from china. cheap too

5. DualRecto

DualRecto Member

Yup, that's why I'm asking if the 48KHz audio will be compatible with most DVD/SVCD players or not. I know it is compatible with mine (a Sony DVD player...)

6. Mick69

Mick69 Guest

my player can play vcds/svcds with 48hz audio(xms 1050), but other players can be picky about audio sample rates