1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So I guess nobody knows?

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by Spyder22, Aug 29, 2007.

1. Spyder22

Spyder22 Regular member

I recently recived a used computer as a gift (they where throwing it away). It is running Windows XP Proffesional w/SP2. Now there are 2 windows user accounts set up on this pc, one of them has Administrative Privileges the other account was set up as a limited account. My problem is that I need to use the computer through the administrative account but its password protected at the Windows XP login screen.

Anyone know how to bypass/hack/remove (just get around) the password on the administrative account (besides using that boot disk method)?
    Thanks for any assistance.....

Last edited: Aug 29, 2007
  2. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

why don't you just get the password from the people you got the system from? that was easy

3. Spyder22

Spyder22 Regular member

Comon you didnt really just say that. Dont you think I tried that. The people who set it up dont remember what they set the password to. This is why they are throwing the pc away. Dont worry they got lots of $.

4. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

5. jremele

jremele Regular member

Try going while u are in your account or the guest account,

start, run, cmd

type in

control userpasswords2

and thru that screen you should be able to do what you need.

If all else fails, go into the recovery console, and delete the damn account.

You can do anything in the recovery console.

6. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

@Spyder22

While jremele way does work their are less "invasive" ways to get reset/remove your password. If you can run a command prompt you can remove the password. Please get back to us. If nothing else works jremele way is probably what you will end up having to do.

7. Spyder22

Spyder22 Regular member

Hey guys sorry it has taken a while to get back to ya i have been kinda busy. Something came up and i currently dont have acess to that pc that i was talkin bout earlier. I'm going to get it back soon. When I get it back i will for shure try your methods and post my results. Thanks for helping me out. Sorry that i cant test ur methods right now, but i will. Ive got this thread saved in my email (so i will get back with u guys) just keep and eye out for an update to this thread. untill then.....peace

8. Spyder22

Spyder22 Regular member

Ok i got the computer back and i still have the same problem (not being able to access the administraitor account because of a password)

I tried using the command prompt method but when i get to the controll user passwords screen it asks for an administrative password . So now i guess im gona have to use the recovery console method that was described in a previous post by jremele. Could someone please explain how i should go about using recovery console to change the password/create an admin account without a password (i have no experince on how to use recovery console). Thanks for all the help.

9. Spyder22

Spyder22 Regular member

So i guess nobody knows?

10. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

I use a program called OphCrack to recover lost passwords. It is essentially a bootable linux distrobution created solet for password recovery. Here is a site with some info on these types of programs/CD's. The part that you shold read is part way down the page and begins like this....
    Good luck.

11. Spyder22

Spyder22 Regular member

Thanks for the link, i got it figured out now. Finially changed the administrator password.

This method worked very well for me
    http://ebcd.pcministry.com/