1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

so i have two monitors...

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by toapro, Jan 17, 2005.

1. toapro

toapro Member

well my mommy decided to go and get herself one of those fancy spancy flat screen monitors so i stole her old one and now i have two. My graphics card supports two monitorsbut i want it so it doesnt show the same thing. Is there any way i can do this? i have an ASUS radeon X800 XT Platinum Edition.

2. Chr1s

Chr1s Member

I believe it's in the Display Properties, You should be able to set how you want them to display, I've done it before for a friend but don't remember exactly where it was located. Anyway, It would show you two monitor's and one will say 1, the other will be 2, and give you the option to either set 2 to 1, or 1 to 2, duplicate the desktop (same desktop shows on both monitors), split the desktop (different desktop's on each monitor), and their's 1 more option.. I can't remember exactly what they have it called that will do what it is your wanting, it'll stretch the 1 desktop over the 2 monitor's.

Hopefully this helps you out some.

3. flaur

flaur Member

it's in the video board's driver properties.
    i have nvidia set up for my monitor & a tv (this is mainly for movies being a 72 cm's tv) for nvidia go to video prop -> settings tab -> advanced button -> <video_chipset_name> tab and from the menu in the left side go to nview display settings. you could try dualview so each screen will be diferently configured (even with different resolutions)
    for ati boards follow the first 3 steps and search arround. i don't remember exactly where is the option you need or on what tab.
    for other boards... ask somebody else, or google it

good luck

4. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

UltraMon is an outstanding app for running dual monitors - it gives you heaps of options for customizing each screen. I run my dual LCD's with it and couldn't be happier :)

http://www.realtimesoft.com/ultramon/