1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So, I just downloaded the new m3 firmware...

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by nintenut, Apr 24, 2007.

1. nintenut

nintenut Regular member

...and was wondering if anyone knew how to use the gba border feature on a slot-2 flash-card, when I boot it from the simply it, of course, works like a passme and boots in ds mode, is there some workaround or setting that would make it start in GBA mode with the border? Much obliged to anyone who helps.

2. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

I havn't actually looked into this so could be completely wrong, but I think it is for use with the EZ Flash 3-1, when loading GBA games.

3. nintenut

nintenut Regular member

Well, it works when I boot an original gba game from the simply, i'm wondering if there's a way to do it with a slot-2 flash cart in gba mode. ;)

4. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

Unless the Slot-2 device is GBA only I don't think it is possible, the M3 wil load any slot-2 device in DS mode. I will dig out one of my GBAMPs and see.

5. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

Well the GBAMP just white screens so that dons't work.

I believe there was a way to do the GBA boarder thing with only the slot-2 device, no Simply required, but I never used it, maybe someone else has?

6. nintenut

nintenut Regular member

There were two that I tried, one isn't compatible with the newer flash cards, aside from some built-in, and the other you have to patch an original .gba rom to .ds.gba to run it with the border on the m3's...